Safe Size - Jewel Penthouse

Duff Man

Can someone (er, PE!) tell me how big the in room safe is in the Jewel AC suites (#10502)? Is it typical hotel size for small valuables & wallets, or a bigger to keep laptops or similar size objects?

Anyone hear of anyone having a problem keeping a laptop in a cabin while they were out (i.e., stolen, or damaged)?

Thanks. :)

There have been many reports of people leaving cameras and laptops out without problems, and a few that have.

Though we did not stay in a penthouse, we were in a Balcony. The safe held our laptop okay. I would say this is a standard size notebook, not one of those 17 inch screens that might be a tight fit, but would probably fit.

Can someone (er, PE!) tell me how big the in room safe is in the Jewel AC suites (#10502)? Is it typical hotel size for small valuables & wallets, or a bigger to keep laptops or similar size objects?

Anyone hear of anyone having a problem keeping a laptop in a cabin while they were out (i.e., stolen, or damaged)?

Thanks. :)

Our suite had 2 safes. Both the same size, side by side. My laptop wouldn't fit. I really don't think you will have a problem. We put ours back in the carry bag when not in use to keep it from falling and out of the way.

Dragonfly is right, there are two safes (his and hers). I don't think they're big enough for a laptop, but there's room to set it on top of the safe and they're both in a cupboard with doors.

I wouldn't worry about anyone from the crew bothering it, it's the passerby pax that I'd be concerned with.

Dragonfly is right, there are two safes (his and hers). I don't think they're big enough for a laptop, but there's room to set it on top of the safe and they're both in a cupboard with doors.

I wouldn't worry about anyone from the crew bothering it, it's the passerby pax that I'd be concerned with.

His & hers? Everything is MINE! LOL! :D

Thanks for the tips. As you can tell I am a little protective. I have always left it in hotel rooms, on the desk, with no problems or concerns. Somehow this seems different, especially the "passerby" if the doors was open during cleaning.

Thanks for the tips. As you can tell I am a little protective. I have always left it in hotel rooms, on the desk, with no problems or concerns. Somehow this seems different, especially the "passerby" if the doors was open during cleaning.

I wouldn't worry over someone entering your cabin! The stewards keep a close watch on things when it's open. I feel much safer on the ship than I ever do in a hotel! Relax and enjoy!

Don't worry about passersby while your steward is cleaning. Just like hotels their buggy is in front of the door. They are also very aware of someone coming into the cabin while they are there. Besides the hallway (from the door to living area) in an AC is a little longer than a normal cabin.

My bride (Rumncoke) answered the his and hers safe size issue. Everything is Hers. :rolleyes:

PE

Don't worry about passersby while your steward is cleaning. Just like hotels their buggy is in front of the door. They are also very aware of someone coming into the cabin while they are there. Besides the hallway (from the door to living area) in an AC is a little longer than a normal cabin.

My bride (Rumncoke) answered the his and hers safe size issue. Everything is Hers. :rolleyes:

PE

As it should be!:p

It is different and a lot safer then a hotel. In a hotel your laptop could be out the door and off the property in minutes, "strangers" can and do come into the property from the streets and walk the halls, doors are left open all the time.

On the Jewel none of the crew can take it home or hand it off to a friend to take home. Only booked passengers and crew are allowed on the ship. Lets not forget the card reader that logs who and when they entered and the 2000+ security cameras covering the entire ship. They were able to get my camera back that I left in Spinnakers. A passenger picked it up and did not turn it in. Between the video and matching bar check times my camera was returned to my cabin :)

Nowhere to run nowhere to hide ;)

It is different and a lot safer then a hotel. In a hotel your laptop could be out the door and off the property in minutes, "strangers" can and do come into the property from the streets and walk the halls, doors are left open all the time.

On the Jewel none of the crew can take it home or hand it off to a friend to take home. Only booked passengers and crew are allowed on the ship. Lets not forget the card reader that logs who and when they entered and the 2000+ security cameras covering the entire ship. They were able to get my camera back that I left in Spinnakers. A passenger picked it up and did not turn it in. Between the video and matching bar check times my camera was returned to my cabin :)

Nowhere to run nowhere to hide ;)

I know...I really liked that camera too! :eek:

Archived