How do back-to-back cruises work

icruz

If you are buying a big PLASTIC jug of vodka for $12 at home, it isn't very good vodka!!

(brands like Popov come to mind)

Bottles of vodka like Stoli that are between $20-25 @ home for a 750mL bottle go for $10 for a 1L bottle.

Definitely cheaper to buy there rather than home.

I've never even thought about a back to back until this thread.....do you get any kind of price break or discount by booking two cruises in a row?

Lora

Im sure some TA/s would be willing to rebate a higher portion of their commission if a client wanted to do a back to back. I dont think Carnival offers much in the way of discounts for B2B cruises.

i booked a group cruise then decided i wanted to do a back to back so i had two ta to deal with . i did get my room numbers and we are booked gty on both but got the one with the group and then called my reg ta gave her the room number i know that i do not have to move

we are doing the eastern/western

i thought of the buying booze not that we are big drinkers but hey love my martinis...

steph:eek:

• 2 months later...

We've just booked a back-to-back on the Glory out of Port Canaveral next May. One poster mentioned they had problems on b2b there. Hopefully they've straightened it out. We've got the same cabin for both weeks and we're already platinum so hopefully it will be smooth.

here's an alcohol-related tip for b2b people: when you buy it at the ship's store the final night of the 1st cruise, they let you take it to your cabin. they don't track who's doing b2b so you can stock up for the second cruise.

Maybe you b2b'ers should get on roll call for 2nd leg. Bet you could get some free bottles by picking up some for fellow cc members.:D :D Call me cheap but it's not smuggling!!:eek: :p :p

• 4 months later...
Im sure some TA/s would be willing to rebate a higher portion of their commission if a client wanted to do a back to back. I dont think Carnival offers much in the way of discounts for B2B cruises.

Carnival offers no discounts for B2B cruises. We booked a 5A porthole guarantee and were upgraded to the same 6A oceanview for all 3 cruises so that was good. We also ended up with 3 plates of choc covered strawberries, champagne, drink coupons, photo coupon, etc. Plus we got to know alot of the crew....it was fun seeing them on the 3rd leg of the cruises when they said in a surprised tone, "you're still on???"

Archived