Weather question,Dawn, Mex Riviera

muzzy 10

Hi Folks...To those who have taken this cruise out of SanDiego, either this past or previous Decembers, could you tell us about the temps on SEAdays and in ports, highs and lows(Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta)? We are considering this for next Dec. and we all wonder if it will be good sit-by-the pool weather. Would greatly appreciate any info. Muzzy

Our live from thread gives you the flavor of the trip and I have a review posted in the members review section and on this board as well. We also were on this cruise last year in October.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=449864

The weather, from Cabo north, will be cool and somewhat chilly. Highs in the 60's. Definitely slacks and no shorts weather.

Acapulco and Ixtapa were hot, but the Princess ships aren't going there next year. Acapulco felt the hottest with no real breeze while in port, but highs in the 90s and high humidity. Ixtapa had a nice ocean breeze, but still warm with highs in the upper 80s and humidity.

Mazatland and PV were perfect, highs in the mid 80's with mild humidity. Cabo was very nice, highs in the lower 80's without the humidity, so it felt cooler and the water temperature was 70-75 so a bit chilly.

With the ships leaving from LA and San Diego next year the extra 2 sea days of chilly weather really won't exist.

Hi Folks...To those who have taken this cruise out of SanDiego, either this past or previous Decembers, could you tell us about the temps on SEAdays and in ports, highs and lows(Cabo, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta)? We are considering this for next Dec. and we all wonder if it will be good sit-by-the pool weather. Would greatly appreciate any info. Muzzy

SD now (December) is cold......south at Cabo,Maz and PV will bewaremer.......but I would say it is sit by the pool ......but go into the jacuzzi weather.

Hi I had a similar question. We are going Feb 10. Should I pack shorts? Do you think it is warm enough for sunscreen?

Warm or not, you should use lots of sunscreen.

Temps have been running in the 70's and 80's

for the past few weeks on the Mexican coast.

We're looking forward to being there for Jan 8th

cruise on the Mercury, and I will bring some shorts,

as well as long pants.

Jo in AZ

Hi, Ccrain!! Great cruise, wasn't it? To Greentealady: Yes, pack shorts! It can be hot and humid! Mostly, crops or pants work. Jeans are too heavy. I wore my sandals on most days. This cruise, dress seemed more casual than most other cruises I've taken. I guess California people are more laid back than us Easterners. :D Weather was great from Cabo south.

thanks for the feedback everyone. ccrain,seems you love this itinerary. Did you get to see whales? I readwinter is their season. to thosewho are going soon,have a great trip! Muzzy

We like to fly to SFO and the cruise price couldn't be beat.

We did not see the whales, but the Cabo snorkel boat turned into a whale watching trip, cruiserforlife and a bunch of CC'ers were on that. Cabo would be the place to go to see them in the Gulf of CA.

Hello Muzzy...

We just came back last week from the Mex riviera cruise on Princess..

Until you start to reach Cabo, will you be able to sit by the pool side .. That's means the first and last day of the cruise is kinna breezy and cool. You'll need a wind breaker ... water temp is about 50-60 at sea so you get a breeze that is sometime warm and cold... Very windy and rought seas until you reach the 3/4 of the CA penisula after that the temp is 80 degrees and the water is warm 73-75 degrees.. Nights are warm too

Puerto mazatlan and cabo is Hot but not humid... very confortable... shorts and t shirts are great. Spend more time in Mazatlan and cabo for shopping . Puerto for sighseeing . at the Mazatlan and cabo port there is a huge shopping area where we noticed that the prices are more than often cheaper than in town.. especially in the last hour of leaving port.

Enjoy

Archived