Glory: Obstructed View Balcony Rooms?

Yvonne

DH and I are planning on booking a January '08 Glory cruise within the next few days, and his sister and brother-in-law are thinking of going with us.

We are thinking about choosing the "balcony guarantee" option to save some money, and I know in doing that they can give us any balcony room they choose, and some may have "obstructed views" so my question is this:

How "obstructed" are the "obstructed view" balcony rooms?

Are there any that are totally obstructed, meaning you can't see the water or any islands you may be near?

Or are they obstructed in that maybe a corner has a pole in front of it or an edge of a lifeboat, something like that?

Is there anyone here who did get an "obstructed view" balcony room that you really weren't satisfied with?

Personally, I would rather be able to choose my room and KNOW what I've got going in, so I don't know that we will do the "balcony guarantee" but DH's sister and husband might.

Archived