Child Care Options on RCCL - almost 2yo

Jodygirl

I have been reading on the boards and it sounds like some lines offer group babysitting at night for the younger kids. Does RCCL offer anything like this? I don't see anything on their site. It talks about the in-room babysitting but am unsure about the "not guaranteed" comment about availability. We would love to have one night to go out and maybe even a shore excurion by oursleves. We will be on Freedom of the Seas sailing 12-2-07. Thanks for any suggestions!! :)

As soon as you board, go to the Purser's desk and make a reservation for in cabin sitting. If anyone is available to sit on the night you want, then you can tell them what time and how long you're going to need that person. BUT, if no one is available, then there's not much you can do. It's done on a volunteer basis and if there are lots of kids on board, chances are higher that there won't be enough volunteers to do the job. The cost is $8 an hour. There is also group sitting, after 10pm, in the kids playroom.

Your only options are in-cabin babysitting, or taking a babysitter along with you. Your little one is too young for the kid's program, that starts at age 3. If you want the in-cabin sitting, definitely get it set up as soon as you know when you need it. I think most of the in-cabin babysitting is done by cabin stewards in their off hours - it's a way for them to make some extra money.

Archived