Referral Reward -Typical Princess BS

septrack

I am an elite member. I placed my parents on the referral list for Princess a couple years ago and they booked the 2/2/7 sailing of the Carribean Princess along with my brother and his wife. Before they booked I referred my brother and his wife and verified that my parents showed on the referral summary list in the online My Princess. It showed and still shows "expires 9/15/2008".

I noticed that my brother and his wife now show as "pending sailing" , while my parents show "pending booking". I called the captain circle rep and asked why my parents did not get their $25pp cruise reduction and why it shows "pending booking" on my referal summary. I was told at first that my referral had expired on 9/15/6. I pointed out that in my summary it says "expires 9/15/8". The agent did not understand and checked with her supervisor. What she found is so ridiculous it would be laughable if it were not for the dent it puts in my credibility for reccommending Princess.

It seems that the actual referral requires people to sail within 24 months and then the person referring has 24 months from the sailing date to use the credit. According to the rep, this is why it shows the referral expiring at 9/15/08.

What a bunch of crap! If I had known that the referral was expired I simply would have re-referred them when I refered my brother and his wife. (which is acceptable to Princess). If my parents referal had expired, why did it show at all after they did not sail within 24 months? And why don't they label "must use your credit by" instead of "expires on" the summary. "Expires on" to me means the referal expires on that date.

I told the rep I don't care if I don't get my credit but their polices make me sorry I ever reccomended Princess. I told my parents they would get the total $50 cruise reduction and now after booking they will not get it. Princess's screwy system makes me look bad.

Anyone who has cruised just about any line knows that no one at the cruise line is empowered to correct any problem. They try to explain it and if they cannot, they dismiss you. It doesn't matter if you have sailed once or 100 times. I had a similar problem and was cheated out of $100 credit per cruise for a B2B last Nov. (Princess blamed the TA and vice versa) I'm getting sick of the lack of appreciation and am gonna find other vacation options. I won't be cruising so often and not often with Princess anymore.

If any one has an idea to reach someone who is empowered to correct the above problem, please let me know. I would really like to get my parents their credit. If not I probably will pay it out of my pockets to them. Unlike Princess I care about my credability!

I am an elite member. I placed my parents on the referral list for Princess a couple years ago and they booked the 2/2/7 sailing of the Carribean Princess along with my brother and his wife. Before they booked I referred my brother and his wife and verified that my parents showed on the referral summary list in the online My Princess. It showed and still shows "expires 9/15/2008".

I noticed that my brother and his wife now show as "pending sailing" , while my parents show "pending booking". I called the captain circle rep and asked why my parents did not get their $25pp cruise reduction and why it shows "pending booking" on my referal summary. I was told at first that my referral had expired on 9/15/6. I pointed out that in my summary it says "expires 9/15/8". The agent did not understand and checked with her supervisor. What she found is so ridiculous it would be laughable if it were not for the dent it puts in my credibility for reccommending Princess.

It seems that the actual referral requires people to sail within 24 months and then the person referring has 24 months from the sailing date to use the credit. According to the rep, this is why it shows the referral expiring at 9/15/08.

What a bunch of crap! If I had known that the referral was expired I simply would have re-referred them when I refered my brother and his wife. (which is acceptable to Princess). If my parents referal had expired, why did it show at all after they did not sail within 24 months? And why don't they label "must use your credit by" instead of "expires on" the summary. "Expires on" to me means the referal expires on that date.

I told the rep I don't care if I don't get my credit but their polices make me sorry I ever reccomended Princess. I told my parents they would get the total $50 cruise reduction and now after booking they will not get it. Princess's screwy system makes me look bad.

Anyone who has cruised just about any line knows that no one at the cruise line is empowered to correct any problem. They try to explain it and if they cannot, they dismiss you. It doesn't matter if you have sailed once or 100 times. I had a similar problem and was cheated out of $100 credit per cruise for a B2B last Nov. (Princess blamed the TA and vice versa) I'm getting sick of the lack of appreciation and am gonna find other vacation options. I won't be cruising so often and not often with Princess anymore.

If any one has an idea to reach someone who is empowered to correct the above problem, please let me know. I would really like to get my parents their credit. If not I probably will pay it out of my pockets to them. Unlike Princess I care about my credability!

Call Customer Relations Department at 1-800-243-7342 ext 44441 and explain your situation calmly to them and walk them thru it and I am sure someone will reason with you.

Good Luck.;)

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Call Customer Relations Department at 1-800-243-7342 ext 44441 and explain your situation calmly to them and walk them thru it and I am sure someone will reason with you.

Good Luck.;)

Tony

Tony,

I finally got around to calling after cooling off, but the extension you gave leads right back to the input prompt. Wondering if you would recheck the number for me.

Thanks

Good Luck.;)

Tony

Tony,

I finally got around to calling after cooling off, but the extension you gave leads right back to the input prompt. Wondering if you would recheck the number for me.

Thanks

Good Luck.;)

Tony

Tony,

Thanks

Archived