Minimum Age for honeymooners

I have seen that the minimum age for travelers on some cruiselines is 25. My fiance and I will both be 22 next May 2005. We plan on taking a cruise and I am wondering if we will be permitted to do so. Does anybody know if we will be old enough to do so?

Best of luck! A cruise is definitely the way to vacation! Every time we take a land vacation, we still go back to the thinking of "we wish we were on a cruise". A cruise totally takes care of you!!

It varies from cruiseline to cruiseline, but most cruiselines accept married couples under the age of 25 (and some have a general age of 21 - married or not - and as low as 18 for married couples). I have shared a few below with links to their sources (cruiseline websites).

These are cruiselines we have personally sailed in our 'twenties' in the past four years:

~ Norwegian Cruise Line

A passenger under 21 years of age must be accompanied in the same or connecting stateroom by a passenger 21 years or older who expressly agrees to be responsible for the under 21 passenger throughout the cruise. This includes, but is not limited to, preventing the purchase or consumption of alcohol and preventing the violation of any ship rules. If the accompanying adult is not the minor's parent or legal guardian, a notarized parental/guardian consent letter that authorizes the minor's travel and further authorizes medical treatment in case of an emergency must be delivered to an NCL representative at the pier.

~ Celebrity Cruise Line

What is Celebrity's policy regarding unaccompanied minors?

No guest under the age of 21 will be booked in a stateroom unless accompanied by an adult 25 years or older. This age limit will be waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms.

Individual staterooms can be booked by married couples whose minimum age is 18.

~ Holland America

Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone who is at least 25 years old; one adult chaperone is required for every five people under the age of 21. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to guests under age 21. Due to limited medical facilities on the ships, we will not accept reservations for infants 12 weeks or younger.

If i were you, I would bring a copy of your marriage certificate with you just in case. I went on Princess for my honeymoon and we were both under 25 but Princess allows anyone over 18 to book a room (i think). My sister however is going on Royal Caribbean and you have to be 25 so they have to bring a copy of their marriage certificate. Wither way, you could call the cruise line and ask them what their policy is. good luck and have fun on your honeymoon.

Kelly

Archived