Swimwear bathing suits???? help

red sox girl

Ok I have a problem I live in Pittsburgh and its cold no one has bathing suits out this time of year. The cruise is for Feb 4,2007 and they (all the stores) said they wont be out by then. I did go on line looking and did find a few on jcpenny hope they fit when they come in:p So my question is can I buy a suit on the ship at a fair price? I would think and hope they have them for sale at the ports we visit. Do they let you try them on? Also while Im asking where in the world can I get biodegradable sunscreen? they dont have any of that here in Pittsburgh either.

Thanks for all the help I hope I get:p

also, larger department stores, like Macy's, if they don't already, will start to get swimwear in early January. It will be a limited assortment, and may even be in a little collection area with similar snowbird or cruisewear items.

hey thanks for the reply we have 2 large sporting good stores and I went to them and they did have suits but they were for competion I dont want something like that. They had them in blue or black only very plain and like I said competion suits yuck. Not really suitable for a cruise well if I was real desperate but not there just yet. I was just looking to see if they did have them on the ship and ports I even get into Tampa a day early but didnt want to spend my time there looking either unless I had to. You know kinda tuff without a car and not knowing the area. Anyway thanks again but already tried the sporting good stores and all the department stores in the area and both malls NOTHING. I asked at all the stores I went in and all said they doubt they would have any for the 1st of Feb.

Ok I have a problem I live in Pittsburgh and its cold no one has bathing suits out this time of year. The cruise is for Feb 4,2007 and they (all the stores) said they wont be out by then. I did go on line looking and did find a few on jcpenny hope they fit when they come in:p So my question is can I buy a suit on the ship at a fair price? I would think and hope they have them for sale at the ports we visit. Do they let you try them on? Also while Im asking where in the world can I get biodegradable sunscreen? they dont have any of that here in Pittsburgh either.

Thanks for all the help I hope I get:p

Try LandsEnd.com

They sell lots of suits.

Do not rely on buying a suit on the ship.

If they sell them, it will be a very, very limited supply.

Don't rely on the ports, either. Port time is so limited....you won't want to be using up your precious time shopping for a suit.

Have a great time planning your cruise !

I was at JC Penney to do christmas shopping on Dec.18th. and ended up trying on bathing suites. They had a sign on top Preview 2007 swinwear. They only had maybe 5 styles but they did have them. Couldn't find my size. Did buy a new cover up..great price.

Almost forgot..that's a JC Penney in Massachusetts.

Did you find your biodegradable sunscreen? What part of Pittsburgh are you in? I live in Greensburg and we have a store that sales everything natural. I know they sale biodegradable sunscreen - just not sure if they would have it this time of year. You might, also, try searching for it online. I have a skin allergy to fragrance and it is impossible to find any of the sunscreens, that I can use, this time of year. I searched online and I can get them from the manufacturers, but I was able to find some on ebay, for a lot less $$. Let me know if you want the number to that natural store, so you can call and see if they have what your looking for.

hey red sox girl.........

uh, i work at jacques pen-ay and we started putting out shorts the day after the day after christmas.....and honestly the swimwear is probably in the stockroom or on a truck on the way. they get set up next ot the winter coats in most stores! LOL.

try, oh what is it, newportnews.com maybe? i used to get their catalogs all the time and they had a lot of suits.

some malls have a swimsuit shop, california sunshine or something. i would keep checking all the dept stores by you...trust me, the swimwear is coming.

i am sure you could get a bus or something to a mall in tampa too......

HI! I was just in the local Macy's Dept. store and they had them in as part of their "cruise wear" section. but dont expect a bargain, they wiil not be on sale, but you could use any coupons that they had circulating. also try Lord & Taylor...the previous person who recommended Venus Swimwear is correct, they do have good bathing suites as well. Good Luck in your search.

Dancing Girl

Red Soxx Girl- I also live in Pittsburgh and Target just got out their suits 2 days ago. My sister in law also told me that Macy's has them too. You have lots of time- be patient. Our cruise is February 25th so I'm holding out to check out some new styles!! Have fun on your cruise!!

I buy from Victoria's Secret catalogue - buy a bunch and then send back what I dont like. I will also order several different styles of the same suit to figure out what looks best. I saw some at Target, Nordstrums, and other dept stores. Do you have a "Water, Water, Everywhere"? They are a great swimsuit store!

www.jcrew.com! They are having a fantastic sale right now...check out the suits there. I don't have a perfect figure but their suits a.) always fit, and b.) cover what they're supposed to cover. If I'm buying suits, sometimes I'll buy 2 or 3 and return all but the one that fits best just to make it easy. I despise trying on swim suits in the store, so maybe you'll appreciate being able to try them on at home. Just a suggestion! Hope you find what you're looking for :)

I had the same problem here in Louisiana. I found this site when I Google searched.

swimsuitsforall.com

I got one for $16.95 (one piece skirted). Had family members that needed a Plus Size suit, and the local stores only had very expensive (Delta Burke) suits. They got one on swimsuitsforall.com for $30.00.

We are cruising in Feb on the Sun out of New Orleans. Enjoy yours.....:D

Archived