Premium for Aft Balcony Cabin?

Hogladyrider

Does Carnival charge a premium for aft balcony cabins?

In other words, if I were to book a cruise thru my PVP and request an aft balcony cabin, about how much more than a standard balcony cabin does an aft cabin run?

I've read good things on these boards about the aft cabins and might like to try one since we spend a lot of time on our regular balcony!

the corners are premium space..but the regular cabins in the middle cost the same price as the ones on the side for the same cartegory. WHen requesting a aft balcony--please state you want one across the back.

aft cabins run from the back elevator on back.

Thanks Serene, can you give me a "ball park" premium dollar $$$.....are we talking $100 upgrade per aft cabin or more, or does it depend on the ship?

Right now I have a balcony guarantee on Glory for 9/22 and I may call my PVP and ask her how much an aft wrap is or just a aft balcony.

Do you get much of the smoke stack smell back there?

Do you prefer an aft cabin or a regular balcony cabin, I respect your opinion.

Thanks.

Cost depends on category, ship, and sailing date.

I would think your balcony guarantee is the cheapest way to go, but you don't know what you'll get yet. Don't expect to get an aft balcony, those are at a premium.

We were in a 8c category (aft balcony) on Spirit, and had an extended balcony. Very nice. Next to us was a wraparound balcony (awesome) but a higher category. More $.

Sometimes Carnival offers category upgrades. Call your CVP and ask. Check TA prices. Look for a deal.

Aft balcony cabins are definitely worth it. We always pay for the specific cabin we want when it is OV or balcony. We might book guarantee for inside where location is not that important.

I have yet to see any dolphins-- and thought they would be to the front more then the back of the ship. My cabins have always been closer to the water also Have sailed the aft 7 times. for me there is no other way.

I have not experienced soot.. although some people do report the problem. I just wipe everything down before I use it anyway.

On the GLory--- the aft on the upper deck is a 8A. so figure out the difference between a guarantee and going up one level to the A.

the next deck is Empress which will be a B-- the best deck of all since it is sandwiched between cabin space and away from public areas.

Other then having a bigger balcony-- the cabin space is the same as the side-- the views are amazing. I can view both sides and not just one. I dont worry about being on the wrong side of the ship. I can sit out there EVERY time we leave port and watch it slip away as the sun sets.

The aft balconys are warmer as they do not get ocean breezes like the side ones.. which makes having a breakfast out there more manageable. I am not worrying about things getting blown away.

I have not felt any vibrations on the aft.

I did experience some when eating in the aft dining room of the Victory and Destiny but when I was in my cabin on both those ships I experinced none.

When pulling out of the ports you can feel them start the engines--lol but it lasts for seconds. and I could tell when I was sleeping when we were docked in each port

Great info guys, we have an aft minisuite on the Norwegian Pearl Mar/2.It is designated handicapped accessible although we did not request it.We were also concerned about noise and vibration and were considering asking to be moved,given the info here I'll stay in the aft !!!

What is the difference between 8A,8B,8C,8D,8E on the Canival Liberty - Henry

the number 8 is a balcony category. the letter beside it determines which deck- A is upper B is main C is empress D is Lido and E is panaroma.

so the higher the letter the higher the deck comes with a higher price tag.

On the Liberty which is a Conquest class ship

On the empress deck you will see cat 8B with cat 11 *12 cabins.

On the Upper deck--all cabins on this deck are 8A cabins except for two

(6452 & 6383 are cat 9A)

all inside cabins are 4 C.

Inside cabins are all #4 starting on the Riveria deck as A and working them up to the higher letter.

Oceanviews are cat 6 with only two decks of oceanviews riveria and main...but the 6B all run on every deck the front of the ships with obstructed view cabins.

Traveler-

Did you get to see whales of dolphins behind the ship any? I've heard they sometimes follow the ship. Why did you enjoy the aft better than the regular balcony? Other than the fact that it was bigger.

Thanks

We have seen whales and dolphins. Usually alongside. We like aft balcony also for views, secluded location, soot was not a problem. Interesting on Carnival Spirit, we could talk to our neighbors above us because the decks gradually tiered inward. Really fun! The actual best ones are AFT CORNER BALCONY.

Thanks Serene! I am calling my PVP on Tuesday to request an aft cabin on Empress for our 9/22 Glory sailing..........even better the price I booked the Balcony guarantee has dropped $30pp so I can put that towards the upgrade, such a deal.

I think I am going to definitely go for Empress deck so this cruise will be a double 1st for us 1) sailing during hurricane season 2) with an aft balacony. We loved the regular balcony so thanks to all the great info here I'm going for it. Especially since we spend so much time out on the balcony.

Will post and let you all know how it goes.........Susan

Serene56 do you mind sharing with us all how you learned such a wealth of information about cruising? I want to sign up to be one of your students, you have a real gift!

Happy New Year.......Susan

well thank you susan: I spend some time each cruise checking out various stuff that I know was questioned over and over on cruise critic.

the code is not available for all cruises (DP3) Raye-- I would call and ask the agent to check the code for your cruise. It doesnt hurt.

Why would you book a guarantee if you can already be upgraded to the highest level that you can get.

Oh, my goodness THANK YOU for this information. I did send and email to my agent yesterday with a few questions about one of us either being past guest, military and 55+..... Lo and Behold we have now been upgraded from an 8A to an 8E and I had 10 cabins to choose from.... YIPPEE!

Again, THANKS for the wise info....

Archived