Mariner Teen Compasses!!

I will look to see if I can hunt up Mariner Teen Compass for this age group from our June 2006 sailing.

We're just off the Radiance and I have the Compass for ages 12-14 for most of the 6 days. I'll have to look to see if and how they may differ.

Anyone need 12-14 age group?

Rose

Since i cant get a good picture ill type out the generalities of the 15-17 group. Remember this is Western Caribbean, Eastern will prob be slightly different.

Day 2:

Ping Pong Tournament

Back Deck BBQ

Hottie Hunt

Teen Volleyball Tournament

DJ Training

Teen Rock Climbing Challenge

Mini Golf

Teen Skate

Majority Rules

Fuel Club

Day 3:

Beach Volleyball

Teen Lunch

Frisbee Games

Teen Dinner

Caribberan Stud Bingo

Name That Tune

Limbo and Hula Hoop Contest

Fuel Club- Surfs Up

Day 4:

Backstage Tour

Inline Skating

Texas Hold'Em Tournament

Dancing Under the Stars

Fuel Club- Caribbean Dance Party

Day 5:

Coffee Talk

Teen Dinner

The Dating Game

Show Time

Fuel Club- Prom Party

Day 6:

Exciting Lives

Capture the Flag

Battle of the Sexes

Pool and Hot Tub Party

Luscious Lips

Fuel Club

Day 7:

Talent Show Rehearsal

AO Family Talent Show

Back Deck BBQ

Snowball Fight

Open Mic

Hip Hop Dance Class

Psych 101

Teen Basketball

Bandanas and Email Exchange

Dodgeball

College Night

Fuel Club- Fairwell Night

If you want any specifics ask and I can probably explain a bit more.

Also from Lori

Lori and Mike and others interested in Kids' Compass:

Here is a link to a great site that features the Adventure Ocean Compass for ALL age groups. The daily onboard compass is also included as the first link for each day. This info is from the Explorer of the Seas Sept 22, 2006 so it should give everyone a pretty good idea:

http://cafekarina.org/explorer/images2.html

Adults, if you want an idea of what the daily activities are onboard --- follow this link and click on Mariner Apr 2006:

www.cafekarina.org/compasses/

Karina, a fellow Cruise Critic, has done a FANTASTIC job of compiling a repository of information! :D

Hope this helps!

Rose

Sugcarol,

I can't say what the Teen activities are like on the Rhapsody, have never sailed that ship.

I can tell you that there are differences in the activities for the 12-14 age group when comparing our Mariner cruise in June 06 to Radiance in Dec 06. The Mariner offers skating (both roller & ice) and has a full basketball court as opposed to half, larger arcade to include air hockey, etc. The Radiance teen activities had to conform to what that ship offered and did so. e.g. Radiance has a movie theatre and Mariner does not.

Have you tried a search of threads for Rhapsody Teen compass? You may come up with something that way.

Rose

I'm a little confused re: age ranges. We are on the Mariner in April. Are the age ranges on that ship 13-15 for teens as mentioned above on a like ship or is it different? That will make a huge difference as I have a 2x14s and one 15yo Thanks

Sue,

The age range for one group is 12-14 (Navigators) and the other is 15-17 (Guests).

That probably does not help you for your teen travelers to stay together.

It's generally a plus because other cruise lines group the teens 13-17 and that is too broad! I appreciate that the teen group is actually broken down into groups....big difference between a 13 and a 17 y/o!!

Rose

We will be on Mariner in June and can't wait. Looking to find out all I can. My DS will turn 12 while we are on the cruise. If the groups change between 11 & 12 which group should I put him in, or is this something to ask once on board? I do also have a 16 year old DD, not that they want to be in the same group, but if they are somewhat close to each other would make me feel a little more comfortable.

We will be on Mariner in June and can't wait. Looking to find out all I can. My DS will turn 12 while we are on the cruise. If the groups change between 11 & 12 which group should I put him in, or is this something to ask once on board? I do also have a 16 year old DD, not that they want to be in the same group, but if they are somewhat close to each other would make me feel a little more comfortable.

You can ask on board and also take into consideration your son's maturity. I'd probably opt for the 12-14 group if it were my son. Click on the response I made two replies ago and you will see a link to Kid's Compass for all age groups. Have a look to see the differences in what the groups do.

Yes, all of Adventure Ocean is located on Deck 12 aft, so your children will be in the same general area. The programs are wonderful and the kids really enjoy themselves!

Have fun!

Rose

Lowcountrygal, thanks didn't even think about looking to see what the activities were to compare. DS will definitely enjoy the 12 - 14 activities more than the 9 - 11. Being a June baby he is used to being with older kids so that shouldn't be an issue. One check for this trip, many many more to go, but enjoying it all the way.

Thanks!

Archived