Pearl any 4 bunks available? inside

beachseasand

]This was a statement made about the Pearl. Has anyone been on her and gotten a stateroom with 4 bunks? We are on the Pearl in March and do not want this same situation. What cabin did you have?

Stateroom - 1st major issue. We had an outside cabin for 4 people....now we know that it is always tight, but this was silly. When we got to the stateroom, the stewart told us that the room was really for 3. It did not even have a 4th birth. Went to the desk to complain, and was told that we would get a rollaway. When it came, my daughter had to sleep with 1/4 of her bed UNDER my wife's - because thay could not fit 3 beds plus the drop down in the room. NCL should be embarrased that they sell this as a 4 cabin.

The picture Shoreguy posted is what we experienced on the Spirit. The only difference is that one of the 3 lower beds was much lower to the floor. We were in an inside.

We had a great cruise but found the cabin way too tight for our family (kids 8 and 11 at the time). Personally, I cannot imagine 4 adults in our cabin, even really good friends/family.

I have not looked at the room descriptions on the Pearl. I can tell you that there are no cabins with 2 upper and 2 lower berths on the Spirit or the Dawn (for both oceanview and inside). All of the cabins marked for 4 are 3 lower and 1 upper. I looked at these ships really closely and my TA also confirmed this. I think that this is how all of the newer ships are.

We have booked an AB suite on the Dawn. It is more money but the space will be worth it for us. I think that this may be how we will have to book on all NCL ships in the future.

Thanks Shore Guy you came through with a great picture. Arrgh!! I cant believe this. When we were on the Majesty it had 2 twins and two pull down bunks. Worked great!!! Why on earth did they go to this!?!:confused:

Well we might be able to get one of our kids to be with grandma we shall see or we will be cozy.

Thanks for both your replies they were very helpful.

I have not looked at the room descriptions on the Pearl. I can tell you that there are no cabins with 2 upper and 2 lower berths on the Spirit or the Dawn (for both oceanview and inside). All of the cabins marked for 4 are 3 lower and 1 upper. I looked at these ships really closely and my TA also confirmed this. I think that this is how all of the newer ships are.

We have booked an AB suite on the Dawn. It is more money but the space will be worth it for us. I think that this may be how we will have to book on all NCL ships in the future.

Unlike the Spirit, Star, and Dawn the Jewel and Pearl have quad balcony cabins. IF I were on a budget I would consider an upgrade. There are not a lot of them.

Those cabins have an additional 40 sf plus the balcony to get away from the crowd. A single bunk and two twins like the inside but a single sofa bed separated from the twins. Much more civilized;)

All that said the AB is without a doubt the best way to go but not a bargain. I am in an AB for the third time in Feb.:)

pearl_cabin_CatBB_web.jpg

The bunk I imagine would be over the sofa like here in a BA handicapped cabin

Ckick to enlarge

2084743000059187889iiUNEE_th.jpg

Thanks Shore Guy you came through with a great picture. Arrgh!! I cant believe this. When we were on the Majesty it had 2 twins and two pull down bunks. Worked great!!! Why on earth did they go to this!?!:confused:

Well we might be able to get one of our kids to be with grandma we shall see or we will be cozy.

Thanks for both your replies they were very helpful.

I know what you mean. We were in on the Majesty 2 times and had the 2 upper and the 2 lower. This was really good for us, even at 145 sq.feet for the Superior Oceanview (DD, I think). The space was good, there was room to move.

We knew that the Spirit was 3 lower, 1 upper. We thought that it was no big deal since the cabin was 149 sq. feet. We were wrong. Still it was a great cruise but...wow... the cabin was really tight. Bigger bathroom though:) !

Unlike the Spirit, Star, and Dawn the Jewel and Pearl have quad balcony cabins. IF I were on a budget I would consider an upgrade. There are not a lot of them.

Those cabins have an additional 40 sf plus the balcony to get away from the crowd. A single bunk and two twins like the inside but a single sofa bed separated from the twins. Much more civilized;)

All that said the AB is without a doubt the best way to go but not a bargain. I am in an AB for the third time in Feb.:)

pearl_cabin_CatBB_web.jpg

Ckick to enlarge

2084743000059187889iiUNEE_th.jpg

Thanks for the info and the pictures shoreguy. I assume that the Gem will be just like to Pearl so this is something to consider.

Although, since we will be in an AB Suite on the Dawn twice in 2007 (August and again October), it may be really hard to want anything else, except maybe the Garden Villas ( but the GV's are way out of my budget right now :eek: )!

There are picts of a BA quad in my Norwegian Sun Caribbean folder. I didn't take cabin pictures when we were on the Jewel because we had a BA quad there also and it was about identical! So I guess from what you say that the BA quads on the Pearl are pretty much like those on the sun as well.

-Monte

There are picts of a BA quad in my Norwegian Sun Caribbean folder. I didn't take cabin pictures when we were on the Jewel because we had a BA quad there also and it was about identical! So I guess from what you say that the BA quads on the Pearl are pretty much like those on the sun as well.

-Monte

Naturally it was the last picture :rolleyes: :D

Click to enlarge

353775504CKRFsD_th.jpg

Naturally it was the last picture :rolleyes: :D

Only way I could get you to look at the others ;)

Actually, sorry about that. I knew it was there but it's been long enough since I looked at my own that I'm not sure where it was either.

-Monte

Only way I could get you to look at the others ;)

Actually, sorry about that. I knew it was there but it's been long enough since I looked at my own that I'm not sure where it was either.

-Monte

I enjoyed the pictures :)

I just harvested, rebalanced, and resized you picture - easy for me to find now ;)

1309132590_Sunquadbalcony.jpg.2bc1c2d423bd772b8f6b7090777a094c.jpg

-Monte

Thanks for posting the pictures Monte.

This BA quad looks pretty comfortable and something to consider if we go on the Sun, Jewel, Pearl, or Gem.

It is good to know that there are additional options for us to book besides an AB.

Thanks for posting the pictures Monte.

This BA quad looks pretty comfortable and something to consider if we go on the Sun, Jewel, Pearl, or Gem.

It is good to know that there are additional options for us to book besides an AB.

But it will be real hard to give up two bathrooms (one to die for), the living room, the butler, 3 TVs, the perks.........:D

We are a family of four (two adults, a 19-year-old & a 10-year-old); however, our son just finished his first semester in college. When I booked this cruise way back in September, I was really worried about how he would do in college, and actually booked a cabin for four, in case he somehow didn't make it through & ended up going with us. After seeing that cabin configuration above, thank GOD he made decent grades!! That really looks tight!!:eek:

After seeing that cabin configuration above, thank GOD he made decent grades!! That really looks tight!!:eek:

We booked an inside on the Star last summer with 2 teenage boys. After we saw a photo of the sleeping configuration, we changed ships!

-Monte

But it will be real hard to give up two bathrooms (one to die for), the living room, the butler, 3 TVs, the perks.........:D

You have a great point.

I am also looking the picture of the BA cabin after having been in an inside on the Spirit. We will not experience the AB Suite until August and then again in October.

I have a feeling that things may look different when I experience the AB and all the "perks" :)

:p Thanks everyone! I guess we will make the best of it maybe I will take your advice and put the mattress on the floor and skip the trundle.

Well if I can survive camping I will survive this let the margarita's flow.:D

Beachseasand,

That is a great attitude and I am sure you will have an excellent cruise!

Enjoy :)

Archived