Will we like Oceania?

shamrock47

Sacway,

I think it is interesting, that if you throw out every cruiselines scores for activities and shore excursions (which we understand are not Oceania's strong points), the listing takes a two level look....

Scoring from 94.8-91.6

SeaDream, RSSC, Seabourn, Crystal, Silversea, Grand Circle, Oceania

Scoring from 86.8-85.6

all the others

no one scores between 91.6 and 86.8...interesting

I think if there was a separate score on value, things could really get flip-flopped in that first group !

Mike

Shamrock47, I found all these posts interesting and I think we also made the right decision. We're also in our 50's and we booked an October cruise from Barcelona to Athens. This will be our first Oceania cruise and I'm really looking forward to it.

Carol

Hi Rick and Colleen,

We're booked on the same cruise, Oct. 7, Barcelona to Athens. We plan on flying into Barcelona a day early and spending an extra day in Athens after the cruise. We're flying from Phoenix and decided to book our own air. I feel more relaxed knowing that our air is already taken care of. It cost us a little over $200 each over what Oceania credited us for not using their air. At least I have the flights I wanted. It is worth it to me. We booked our Barcelona hotel at the Hotel Continental Palacete but are still looking for a hotel in Athens. Let us know what you find also please.

Carol and Rudy

Archived