Parking in Southampton

DHhero

Does anybody know anything about Cunard parking in Southampton? Are there any other better options?

Cunard's pet supplier www.candps.co.uk is well geared for the job. They take your car from you and park it up. If you're away for a very long time then there are various services to keep it going that you may wish to consider.

The downside is collection - they don't bring it to the terminal, just tell you where it is and you walk and get it. It isn't too far if you're able bodied. But if you're alone (and therefore have luggage) or disabled in some way it may merit asking for special arrangements. They do have a space for disabled, but you do have to tell them when you drop the car. In those cases it will be in the terminal. In theory....

It's probably the best option if you aren't staying overnight in Southampton and therefore can use a hotel.

Matthew

We used the Cunard linked firm in August. They were very efficient and had the car waiting at the terminal when we disembarked.

The cost for 18 days was £140. They also dropped us at the coach station when we left the car with them. We then travelled to Heathrow

to catch our flight to the states.

Regards

Chris and Pam

Hi, I actually booked direct with the hotel by e-mail and then i confirmed it again by phone. I also thought it was a good deal and it also makes theholiday even longer. Details are below.

SOUTHAMPTON-EASTLEIGH M3 JCT13

LEIGH ROAD

EASTLEIGH, ENGLAND S050 9PG

Additional information about this hotel can be found on the web at:

http://www.holiday-inn.com/eastleigh

Have a good holiday:)

Hi, I actually booked direct with the hotel by e-mail and then i confirmed it again by phone. I also thought it was a good deal and it also makes the holiday even longer. Details are below.

SOUTHAMPTON-EASTLEIGH M3 JCT13

LEIGH ROAD

EASTLEIGH, ENGLAND S050 9PG

Additional information about this hotel can be found on the web at:

http://www.holiday-inn.com/eastleigh

Have a good holiday:)

Diamondknight,

Thanks for the information - we are going to look into this as it is very tempting. It makes a nice start to the holiday and then there's no rushing on the day (hopefully!)

Many thanks,

Marge M

• 3 weeks later...

I am thinking of trying to book a hotel room the night before with free parking for the duration of the cruise. Despite extensive internet research I am unable to find anything suitable. Has anybody done this recently? I have looked at the Eastleigh one but can find no mention of the package on the site.

If you click on Diamondknights link above, in the yellow band there is the title "packages." It mentions cruise & park but I agree there is not a lot of info about it. The phone number of the hotel front desk is: 0870 4009075.

Marge M

Archived