St. Thomas Question

SeaFlint

We're headed to the January getaway next Saturday and are wondering about St. Thomas.

My wife would like to just get off the boat, find a beach for swimming and snorkling, then go into the town to walk around.

Is that possible?

Is it enjoyable?

Thanks

Hello:

Lots of info on beaches, attractions can be found at the C-critic "ports" board section for St. Thomas and USVI. Magens Bay is a famous beach. You'll do well to stay at the beach and avoid giving up your $$ at all the jewelry stores. We were there on Dec 21 with 6 ships in port it was very congested in the main shopping area. Have fun.

It's more than possible to do both. When we were on this cruise the ships tendered downtown. We joined others at the pier and shared a cab to Morningstar Beach, where beach chairs and snorkeling equipment can be rented. We left by two pm and had more than enough time to shop and catch the last tender back (I think at 4:30). I don't recommend Magen's Bay as it doesn't have enough chairs available and get's very crowded. Also Turquoise Bay is another nice alternative.

Archived