Water Temp

tessky

One of my cruise companions wants to know what the water temp will be Jan 20 - 24 in Nassau, Half Moon Cay & Grand Turk. She doesn't want to pack her wet suit but is looking for warm water, 80F, (Not sure if she is looking to go snorkeling or diving)

Has anyone been lately that can let me know water temps, or is there a site we can check out temps on?

I was on Half Moon Cay a week ago. While I didn't have my dive computer out, I'm pretty sure that the temperature was in the 78 to 80 range. The water temps I got in Grand Turk were 77 on the first dive and 78 on the second. I was cold in a 3 mm. The dive guide wore a 7 mm. I would have been quite happy in my 5/4 mm Bare wetsuit.

HAL no longer offers scuba diving on HMC. On Grand Turk I went with Blue Water Divers There were only 5 of us on the boat with the guide. The ship's dive excursion had 24 on their boat.

We just got back after diving in Aruba, Curacao, Dominica and St. Thomas. The water temperatures varied from 81 to 84 degrees. We also stopped at HMC on the way back to Ft. Liqordale but we didn't dive while there.

While the water was definitely cooler around HMC than our other ports we were comfortable out in the surf in bathing suits only. We packed and brought our wetsuits but never used them. Our deepest dive was 97 feet and it was still warm enough that wetsuits weren't needed.

Have a great tripand enjoy those next dives.

Pilot,

Who did you dive with in Dominica? We will be there in February and the ship is using Dive Dominica. We are looking for an independent operator.

We are diving with Caribbean Sea Sports in Curacao. This will be our second time with them. Last year we dove a car ferry wreck that had sunk with a load of cars still attached. It was interesting.

Thanks,

Richard

Archived