Shopping in Buenos Aires?

mygirlscats

I've heard leather can be a good buy in BA, but I was wondering about other goods, like electronics? Cosmetics/perfume? Clothing? Does the devalued peso extend favourable prices with dollar exchange to most consumer goods, or does it only impact on domestic products?

I heard Lapis is a good buy there, but primarily leather. I'm thinking of having Bettina custom make a leather jacket for me. We have to time it right, as I'm only there for 24 hours before the ship sails. You might go over to the Ports of Call - South America and see if they talk about other items. So far, I've only seen discussions on leather and tango shows.

Quite all right, 7SeasLover...I have many days like that:) ! I hear a 24 hour custom jacket can be done...unbelievable. We will be arriving in BA on Friday morning and don't depart until Sunday night, but I kinda doubt they work on Sundays too much, so I may be in the same boat (no pun intended) for a 24 hour turnaround.

I did find a BA Apple store and compared prices for iPods...they were double what I would pay here...maybe I'll confine my shopping to leather goods!

semi precious stones(inca rose) and leather products are the key shopping items. Belts wallets gloves as well as jackets. Electronics and Perfume are not bargains. Sweaters are also a bargain.

Flea markets are open on Sundays but not stores. Bettina will open on Sunday if you schedule a group from the ship. You will need at least 24 hours to make up a jacket as they carry mostly samples.

Wallets belts and gloves can be purchasd on Sundays at the fleas. Inexpensive inca rose chains as well. Buy your Lapis in Chile.

Marty

Archived