Life with P&O

KenAndJulie

For those of you worrying about legroom on charter flights with Britannia worry not, have just returned from Tenerife, both ways with recently refurbished 767's and the legroom is now much improved. I'm told they have reduced the number of rows and it was certainly much better than previously. Personally I much prefer a 767 config., where 2 can enjoy a window and aisle seat, to the normal BA 747 which I hate, we have enjoyed very few BA long haul flights.

John.

Sarah

You could still try one of our local TAs since they may have block booked some seats/cabins therefore to other TAs it might look like the flight was fully booked.

Thanks everyone for all the information about Brittania

Ken

P&O have their own message board on their web site. This may help you.

We have cruised Princess twice , NCL and then P&O and I have to say were a litle disappointed. The ships are lovely but we found the food a little plain for our liking (excellent though) and the service standards were not quite what we are used to in the American owned lines. It's the little extras that you miss, like the chocs on the pillow, use of bath robes and the extra mile that the staff go to.

Not quite so with P & O but we may have had a bad trip.

We still had a lovely time though and so will you.

P & O have a great reputation so trust it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Do you have any sample prices for drinks etc:confused:

I just happen to have a few menus in my cabinet. Here is one sample from Caribbean cruise April 2003 on the Oceana

Dinner - Starters

Traditional Caesar Salad

Seafood Cocktail

Vegetable Ravioli

Lamb Samosas

Soups

Scotch Broth

Chilled Pina Colada Soup with Citrus Biscuits (not had myself but have been informed by other half very nice)

Main

Cajun Tuna Fish Steak

Oriental Stirfried Chicken

Roast Rib of Beef with trimmings

Jhinga aur Ghga (tiger prawn and monkfish curry)

Saute of mushroom stroganoff

The waiters then bring two different vegetables around and two different types of potato. Vetegarian menus are also ways marked with v next to the dish.

Desserts

Chocolate Fudge Pudding

Strawberry and White Chocolate Roulade

Sherry Trifle

Ice cream

P & O are more formal and on a 16 night cruise they have 5 formal nights where they like everyone to dress up in dinner jacket/cocktail dress. They have informal nights which require gentlemen to wear jacket and they have smart casual. However, if you go on Caribbean cruise they do relax it a bit and have about 4 formal and the rest smart casual. Have a lovely time, we are booked to go on Arcadia January 2006. But even more looking forward to Aurora on 16 July.

Hope this helps

I went on a cruise on Arcadia (now Ocean Village) on a trip down the Amazon. Cruise started and finished in Barbados. Dress code was smart casual most nights. Meals were to British tastes but at lunch each day in the restaraunt you could have a traditional Indian curry. One one night during the cruise they also had a an Indian night in the buffet restaraunt. I thought the meals were ok but would have liked to see a bit more adventure in the menus. All in all thought the cruise and P&O were very good. Have booked a cruise on the new Arcadia for 21 October. Looking forward to lazy days at sea crossing the Atlantic.

Archived