?Different NewYok Terminals

Macwoman

Am I correct to say that there are 2 ports to catch ships out of New York. i know we cruised Carnival many years ago and it was easy to get to the port. I understand that Princess leaves out of Red Hook which is toward ?Brooklyn. Anyone with directions??

Macwoman

thanks so much for the links. We just booked the Hampton Inn - Times Square for our Sept cruise. We had wanted the Hilton but we are using points and they did not have any "points rooms" available.

If you are staying in Manhattan and going to the Brooklyn pier, make absolutely sure you take the address and directions from the hotel to the terminal if you plan on taking a cab to the pier.

The cabbies in NY still don't know about the Brooklyn terminal and some will refuse to take you, which is illegal in NYC. They have to take you if you get in the cab, so mapquest the pier from your hotel and take the directions.

And if you get a get a cabbie that refuses you, take the medallion number and report them to the NYC Taxi and Limo Service. Tell them you will report them - they'll change their mind real quick.

Archived