Kids crew/Ncl Spirit

glen tev

Were going on the bermuda/e.carib on the spirit may 5th.What can you tell me about the kids crew.My dd will be almost 5 and ds 2.5.My dd is a little veteran cruiser(this is #4)But my son has never been in a play group on a cruise.we picked Ncl because he can participate at 2 vs 3 on RCCL,Princess etc.I have also heard the kids groups on Ncl are well organized and have a lot to do for the kids.I think my son will be fine because he'll go anywere his big sister goes but my wife isn't so sure.My question is this.Will the beeper go off the minute he starts to cry or will the counslers work with him to calm him down.We had 2 different experiences in the past.Carnival called us the minute my dd started to cry where RCCl really went out of there way to help her out.She didn't want to go back on carnival and on Rccl by the 2nd day she couldn't wait to go back because they put the extra effort in.what should we expect on the spirit.Any input will be greatly appreciated.

We were on the Spirit in November with our 3 year old daughter. The kids program was excellent and the kids facilities (pools, jungle gym, etc.) were the best we have seen on NCL (better than the Jewel where we went when our daughter was 2) .

She had fantastic time and couldn't wait for the kid's club to open. The grouping is 2-5 year olds together, so your kids will be in the same group and will not have any problem adjusting!

There were less than 30 kids on board during our cruise and there were still about 10 supervisors, so the kids got plently of personal attention. Things may be different if there are 300 kids on board - depends on the cruise.

There are phones all over the ship, so you don't have to rush immediately to the kids club when the beeper rings - give them a call to find out what's going on first and then deside what to do. The crafts the kids made were beautiful and our daughter still talks about the kids club and the friends she made there. You will not be disappointed! Enjoy your cruise!

Rada

we were on the spirit in sept (our first cruise ever) my children were seperated because of ages (5 and 11) so i was a little concerned. my daughters still talk about their counselors and hope to see them on our next trip. i do remember some parents being told that their child was upset earlier in the night but they handled it and they were fine. the counselors are pleasant, funny and just over all great! please keep in mind that these counselors are not included in your everyday tip charge, the last night of sailing they politely leave envelopes on the counter. enjoy your trip the ship is great!

Thanks for the replies.My son actually gets upset when mt dd goes to pre school because he can't go with her.I'm anticipating that he will do well.We picked the spirit because of Buc's wet and wild and some other features.It seems to be a very family orientated ship.We can't wait to go.Thanks.

Wish I could help but hope it goes well. My wife and I will be on the same cruise as you.
Like i said it should be ok.Both of my kids are jazzed about "the big boat"as they call it.My son has seen the pictures of buc's wet and wild with the dinosaurs around the pool and he's going nuts over it already.I was going to start a roll call board because i didn't see one .Anyway see you then.

Archived