$1K difference between JS/GS...worth it?

flagger

We are looking at booking our next RCL cruise while on board (Radiance class vessel). The price went up $400 for the week we want from the end of October until now. If we move back a couple of weeks it drops $500. However a GS on that same cruise is the same price for both weeks. For the earlier cruise it is $1K more and $600 more on the date we originally wanted.

I am wondering though since our DD will only almost be 5 is a GS really worth it? Other than extra space, she cannot be in the concierge lounge after 5. There is no ice show, I don't think we have any trouble booking Chops on our own, so I am not sure having access to the CL would be worth the extra money.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

When folks ask, "Is it worth it?", I always think that it is a personal question. If you have never experienced a large cabin, and the perks that come with it, and are just wondering, then I would say, Yes! It is worth it! At least I think so. But there are lots of people here that say, they would just rather not spend the money, and possibly cruise more often.

As that is not an option for me, I like to get the best that I can for the time I travel.

With all the discussions about not going to the ports that were in the itinerary and such, I have to confess, I like to cruise for the CRUISE! The ports are a bonus, and I don't worry if I don't make one, as I'm aware that sometimes crap happens.

I like to choose the cabin I want, get the perks I'm promised, and I drink the ship's booze, and pay for it, and not worry about getting caught for smuggling.

That's just me.:p

To me a JS would be my choice. We do use the concierge lounge for a couple of drinks before dinner, but we are diamond, so getting a GS for that reason wouldn't be worth it.

You could have your daughter in the lounge before 5, but I don't know that she would have much interest in it. I would rather use the money for other things, ie, towards another cruise. But, I guess, if I had enough money to not be concerned, I would take the GS. After that cruise then I would probably want a GS all the time. That's how I got to the JS, lol.

I'm sure you will enjoy either cabin, it's really your choice.

Katie

I think if it was a Voyager Class or a Freedom Class ship then the CL would be worth it. I think we will save the money this time and stay with a JS. Perhaps when she is older and either wants to bring a friend, we will look at something bigger, etc. Since both classes get the double cruise credits I think I will stick with that.

I could always bring the book with me on the ship and say "Hey I thought JS got CL access". ;):p;)

We upgraded to a Grand Suite from a Junior Suite for $40.00 per person for our Enchantment cruise 12/14/06. I would never upgrade for 1k more as the junior suite is more than fine for the two of us. My answer would be no way.

I agree and I don't think it would make any difference to me as to class of ship. A GS is great and there is much more room than the best JS but I can't see spending that much extra for a GS. Unless you plan to entertain in your GS, I don't see that it is worth the additional cost.

Archived