Best Place for Airline Tickets

SunshneNC

I check online sites like Expedia, Sidestep, and Kayak for pricing. Then I usually book directly with the airline. Most of those online sitesm charge an average of $5 more per ticket than the airlines themselves. Checking on Tuesdays or Thursdays can sometimes yield lower prices regardless of the actual travel days. Flying from NC you should be able to get something less than $200/pp unless their is a holiday involved. Once you find a price you like then don't hesitate to go ahead and book it.

Going on the Carnival Freedom cruise in November 07. I was wondering when is the best time to buy airline tickets and where is a good place to go to get the cheapest? Thanks!

The cheapest place to buy them is at the airline's respective website. There you don't pay any booking fees and can qualify for bonus miles if the airlines are offering any.

As for best time to buy, I go by the rule that the best time is when you see a fare that you feel comfortable with. Trying to guess the "best" fare now is like trying to predict the weather - you may get lucky but most likely it's an exercise in futility. Check out http://www.farecast.com to get an idea for what fares are like for your particular city pair. If you're flying around Thanksgiving (you mentioned November), I'd get the tickets sooner rather than later.

I am a loyal Soutwest Airlines passenger. I don't know if SW flies from an airport near you, but if you sign up for their "Ding" specials, you will get deals several times a day. You must go to their site for any prices; the same for Spirit 3000 and Airtran, to name two others. What airport are you thinking of flying from and to where?

Bonnie

I usually fly out of DFW and do the same thing - check Expedia, Travelocity, etc. for flights and fares then go AA.com (American Airlines) and purchase my tickets. They are usually less due to booking fees collected by the online folks. Sometimes I'll fly Southwest but its gotta be a short flight out of Love Field and CHEAP.

Len

I am a loyal Soutwest Airlines passenger. I don't know if SW flies from an airport near you, but if you sign up for their "Ding" specials, you will get deals several times a day. You must go to their site for any prices; the same for Spirit 3000 and Airtran, to name two others. What airport are you thinking of flying from and to where?

Bonnie

Our cruise is November 12-16, 2007. We will probably fly out of Charlotte or Greensboro and fly into Miami International.

Archived