Casa De Campo ?

levon10

Have a 9 night cruise booked for 06-22-2006 and Casa de Campo is listed as one of the stops. As of now there are no excursions listed for this port. Has anyone visited this port before and is it a new stop for Royal Caribbean ? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Never been there, but here are a couple links that might help until somebody who's familiar with this port can respond.

RCCL's short description of the port is here.

I noticed that Celebrity shows some excursions at Casa de Campo. Not being a seasoned, experienced or otherwise expert cruiser (how's that for a qualifying statement!), I imagine RCCL may have access to the same or similar excursions. Descriptions are here. Two pages listed. Sounds like a fun place to try!

Hope that gets you started.

We went there on our Celebrity cruise. We went to the old town, which I believe is a recreation for tour purposes. The old architecture was beautiful, we just strolled around went in the shops. My brother-in-law and his wife went on a cave tour first the met up with us. There is also a marina area but we didnt go there so I can't give you any info. Check out the dominican republic board there is lots of info there.

Went there a LLOOOONNNNGGG time ago with American Family Cruises. It was my understanding at the time that Casa de Campo was a resort area. American Family was an exceedingly family-oriented cruise line (which led to its demise; it couldn't maintain a year-round clientele), and I had my 9-yr-old son with me, so we went with their free, kid-related activities which included a baseball game, playing against a team of local kids. As I recall, they also had donkey basketball...

I don't think we were given any of the opportunities shown/mentioned in the RCCL and Celebrity listings that CoronaCpl posted. Given these options, I'd love to go back!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone done a RCCL sponsored excursion in Casa de Campo recently? I was looking at the excursions that are listed and they didn't look very interesting. I don't see much on the Domincan Republic board either. Are there any excursions here that are betther than their descriptions? Thanks for any help!!!

We went there a couple of years ago as a substitute port for one we couldn't get to. We were pleasantly surprised. We love to go to the beach in every port, so that's exactly what we did here. We took a taxi with some other folks to their most popular beach.....I forget the name.....and we had a great time. Rented chairs and umbrellas and had cheap beer. The surf was fabulous. I would definitely go there again.

We have done the horseback riding excursion. It was through a beautiful resort. We have also done the Catalina Island tour. Perfect beach day. Not much else there but a lot of fun. Beautiful place with lots of chairs, hamocks, cool drinks, etc. There are some vendors there selling their wears. Also some native dancers. My daughter got her whole head braided like Bo Derricks. Never again! Took me 5 hours to get them all out. :eek: It was cute for several weeks though. Have fun!

Was in campo this past feb on Celebrity. DD & myself booked the Santo Domingo tour. It took about 1 hour 45 mins to get there & the same back. We found it was very rewarding. Santo Domingo is steeped in History dating back to Christopher Columbus.

Archived