Captioned Photos from Amadagio Christmas Markets Cruise

WIT

I sent a link to your photos to our travel friends and they loved them as much as I did. Thank you so much for sharing. I can't wait to go. It won't be the Christmas markets in late August, but it might be HOT! Guess I better think about cool and comfortable cloths to wear. Someone here said that the women were dressed in Chico's and Coldwater Creek. That's right up my alley.

Enjoyed your pictures very much....Can't wait to go...We are going in Dec., on Avalon MS Tranquility. I notice there was no snow. I am hoping for some when we go. Will seem more festive and in the christmas spirit. Another Poster told me that they were experiencing 20 degrees above normal.

Again Thanks

Brigitte

• 2 weeks later...

Brigitte - I'm hoping there will be some cooler winters along with the inevitable warmer ones. It's really too early to tell about next year's weather.

But even if the ground is not snow-covered, the whole European Christmas ambiance will be there in abundance. It's not just that their celebration is less commercial, rather the 'oldness' of everything European is like a tangible part we Americans don't get 'cause we're not 'old'. Example: lots of downtown restaurants are two flights down a stairway.

Archived