need tender info

ok. i'll admit, i'm kinda chicken here, i have MD and at times a little unsteady on my legs, we are going sov. of seas in april and will be tendering to coco cay. i've nevered tender before, don't know how it's done. is it very stable to get into the tender boat?the walk shakey?. i'm real nervous about the pass from ship to tender. has anyone got a good picture of them tendering? can someone please explain the process?put me on the ocean, from big ship to small boat, with MD and i'm freaked out, my hubby said we could just stay on ship but i hate for hime to miss it and he won,t go without me,

:D Hi, I'm sorry I don't have pictures for you, but I do have some advice.

I think you will be just fine. You will be on a landing deck of sorts, there are always at least two ship employees to help you board. One on each side of you.I would have your husband go first, then he will be there to help you once you are on the tender. It does move with the waves, but you will be fine. Perhaps go on a tender after the masses have exited, then it wont be so crowded and less "hurried". GO, have a great time!!:D

I have terrible knees and hips that always don't do what I want them to and when I get to the part where the two boats meet and get to the two guys helping people I tell them to hold on tight and I don't let go until I know my feet are firmly planted.

We have done this is pretty rough seas and I never have felt in jeopardy tendering.

As you you approachin the tender there will be employees there, tell them you need help and they will gladly do so.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Sue

Just tell the cruise employees that are helping with tendering that you are a bit unsteady on your feet and will need extra assistance. They don't want you to fall any more than you do and will give the assistance if you make them aware of the need. You don't have to go into details, just tell them you have trouble with balance. Don't be afraid to ask. They're more than willing to help.

When we tendered, it was as smooth as walking down the hall. We just had to take a few steps and we were in the tender. I know it can be choppy water sometimes, but I just want you to know that it can also be very calm. Also, as was mentioned above, there are crew everywhere to help you. Go and have fun!

My MIL uses a wheel chair after her stroke and that in no way stops her from tendering. At the tender there are big strong guys that will help you get in and out of the tender. Don't worry that's what they do...I'm a big strong guy and they wouldn't even let me help. You'll be fine, plan on getting off the ship on a tender.

Believe me you are not chicken, for a person going through that and want to cruise they deserve a bigATTA! GIRL

Like the other posters said you will be find. On our last cruise there were two men, one young, one old in wheel chairs and it was sort of choppy and they with the help mentioned got on board just fine. With your kind of attitude you will be able enjoy the cruise and all its activities.

I know it is easy to say for us that are not going through what you are, but you will be fine, let the crew take care of you and your husband.

Enjoy your cruise. Ozzie63:D :D :D

Archived