Oceania's Nautica=X Journey???

JkyLovesRuss

I read somewhere that the Celebrity Journey is actually Oceania's Nautica, they've had it for a year, came from Pullmantur.... The layout is exactly the same as the Celebrity Journey layout on the Celebrity website!

"Pullmantur chartered the R Five from 2002, giving her the marketing name Blue Dream. She is due to join sisters Regatta (ex-R Two) and Insignia (ex-R One) with Oceania Cruises in May 2005 as the Nautica."

It's a beautiful ship! very classy.... I hope it doesn't sell out when i go, this way i can get bumped to a cabin with a balcony. :D although deluxe ocean views are bigger than balcony rooms by a few feet, which means more room inside. Ship is kind of small, must rock alot with waves. We'll see what the folks cruising on her in May have to say! I can't wait to hear! :p

oceaniacruises.com

From what I have read, The Nautica s coming over from Delphin Cruises and was the R7.

The R5&6 are what are to become the Journey and Quest.

The R8 is being transfered from Swan Hellenic to Princess. So come this time next year, only three lines will have the R ships of Rennaisance.

From what I have read, The Nautica s coming over from Delphin Cruises and was the R7.

The R5&6 are what are to become the Journey and Quest.

The R8 is being transfered from Swan Hellenic to Princess. So come this time next year, only three lines will have the R ships of Rennaisance.

As best I could figure out much of the confusion is that TWO of the R-class ships have been called Pullmantur Blue Dream. I think R5 Blue Dream(1) is now Oceania Nautica.; R6 Blue Dream(2) is becoming Celebrity Quest. R7 WAS the Delphin Renaissance, then Pullmantur Blue Moon, is becoming Celebrity Journey. This is just from internet sources; if they were wrong, then I'm wrong.

R1 Currently operating as Insignia, Oceania Cruises

R2 Currently operating as Regatta, Oceania Cruises

R3 Currently operating as Pacific Princess

R4 Currently operating as Tahitian Princess

R5 Operated as Pullmantur Blue Dream(1) Currently operating as Nautica, Oceania Cruises

R6 Operated as Pullmantur Blue Star, then Blue Dream(2) is becoming Celebrity Quest

R7 Operated as Delphin Renaissance then Pullmantur Blue Moon is becoming Celebrity Journey

R8 Operated as Minerva II for Swan Hellenic and will become Royal Princess Apr 2007

TravelerThom,

As best I could figure out much of the confusion is that TWO of the R-class ships have been called Pullmantur Blue Dream. I think R5 Blue Dream(1) is now Oceania Nautica.; R6 Blue Dream(2) is becoming Celebrity Quest. R7 WAS the Delphin Renaissance, then Pullmantur Blue Moon, is becoming Celebrity Journey. This is just from internet sources; if they were wrong, then I'm wrong.

R1 Currently operating as Insignia, Oceania Cruises

R2 Currently operating as Regatta, Oceania Cruises

R3 Currently operating as Pacific Princess

R4 Currently operating as Tahitian Princess

R5 Operated as Pullmantur Blue Dream(1) Currently operating as Nautica, Oceania Cruises

R6 Operated as Pullmantur Blue Star, then Blue Dream(2) is becoming Celebrity Quest

R7 Operated as Delphin Renaissance then Pullmantur Blue Moon is becoming Celebrity Journey

R8 Operated as Minerva II for Swan Hellenic and will become Royal Princess Apr 2007

Well, very close.

You got Celebrity's names crossed.

>> MV Celebrity Journey is the current MV Blue Dream (nee MV R6).

>> MV Celebrity Quest is the current MV Blue Moon (nee MV R7).

And Celebrity will do some major reconfiguration, including replacement of forty-eight standard cabins with balconies with thirty-two suites on the aft end of Deck 8.

Norm.

Norm.

TravelerThom,

Well, very close.

You got Celebrity's names crossed.

>> MV Celebrity Journey is the current MV Blue Dream (nee MV R6).

>> MV Celebrity Quest is the current MV Blue Moon (nee MV R7).

And Celebrity will do some major reconfiguration, including replacement of forty-eight standard cabins with balconies with thirty-two suites on the aft end of Deck 8.

Norm.

Norm.

Hi Everyone !

Norm : Yes, you have it right. I also double checked it at the Celebrity website.

Thom... Very Nice work on putting together the list !

Archived