QM2 - So Carib Liner - 16Dec 06 - My Views

Vic The Parrot

You are most kind, Vic. I keep thinking, We're going to Maine. We'll get to see Aunt Christine. Then it hits me. Oh yeah. It has got both of us kind of shook up. She was an incredible woman, full of lfe. We will miss her greatly.

For Marc, he sees his past slipping away, piece by piece. He is suddenly realizing how precious these things are. How many of us have taken these things for granted.

Thank you, all.

Karie

Vic...I've been remiss and I apologize. Just wanted to pop by and tell you that' I've truly been enjoying your voyage too. Just been a bit overwhelmed writing mine. Isn't she just the most incredible ship? And I'm with David...waiting to hear the "juicy details". I didn't have any "juicy details" to report on so I'll have to live vicariously.

Cheers, Penny

Your review was fabulous...made me feel right there with you. We didn't receive your email...sorry. But, we recently installed a new computer and managed to lose past emails so perhaps it's floating around in the ether world.

Karie, so sorry to hear of your and Marc's loss. We recently experienced a loss as well...last week in fact. Our best man passed away after battling cancer for 5 months - he was 56 years old (too darn young). It was this man's wife who was supposed to be with me on the Labor Day cruise...the one that introduced us to Karie, Marc and Maria.

David, the QM2 is not the QE2...she wasn't meant to be. QM2 is an entity unto herself and, just like people, has her own personality (along with quirks). I've never been on QE2 but would never denegrate her (in spite of your love for QE2, there have been some unfavorable reviews and her style is not for everyone). If QE2 survives and continues sailing for years to come (which I truly hope she will), she too will likely have "plastic" interiors because that is what SOLAS requires (from my understanding). We may not like the new standards but they are there for our protection. Progress marches on ... with or without us.

Jo and John,

I spoke to Maria last week, and she told me of your friend.

I was (and am) so sorry to hear. It is very sad to have two friends battling the same horrible disease and to watch one thrive while the other wastes. I am so glad that John decided to take the September trip, though sad for how it came to be. We had a marvelous time with you both.

As we all know, life could be short.

My condolences to your friend. There aren't words adequate to express my thoughts for her. I have kept abreast of your friend's condition. I know this is a very hard time for you both, also. Our love to you both.

Karie,

who doesn't question how fate brought us together, but is grateful that it did.

Archived