NCL not listed on Triple A Web Site

Lotteryfan

I have searched too many web sites to remember in an effort to price out the cheapest costs for a particular cruise that I am looking at. After clicking on many links on many pages, including the ones advertised on Cruise Critic, I came to the Triple A web site. Triple A is that automobile association that also offers vacation information.

I went to the cruise information search page and to the "Pick Cruiseline" drop down menu and NCL was not listed. I thought that was odd but then I typed in all the other information like date I wanted to sail, port I wanted to leave from and the NCL information did not appear.

I wonder why NCL is not listed on this web site. Did they have some problem reaching an agreement or is this just an oversight on Triple A's part? NCL is probably missing some sales because of this.

For some reason AAA does not like NCL. Something about the amount of kickbacks or commission that AAA gets for selling NCL cruises not being enough.

I know that in my town (a major US city), the AAA offices won't even discuss NCL with you. They actually try to convince you how bad NCL is and to go with another line.

My biggest disappointment in my AAA membership.

But who do you blame? NCL because they refuse to pay more commission than normal for AAA to sell their product OR AAA because they refuse to sell NCL because NCL won't give them the kick-back they want?

Tough call, but I have to side with NCL on this one.

Keystone is right, it pretty much has to do with advertising or kickbacks, whatever. Our local AAA magazine does offer NCL cruises from time to time; many do not. I guess this doesn't bother me one bit, if I wasn't a TA, AAA would be the last place I would go to book a vacation period. Personally I have never found their sales reps particularly knowledgable nor the rates as good as or better than others. This is just my personal opinion. Now, I think I will go fix lox and bagels for breakfast and start watching the bowl games. LOL

Like everyone has said, it boils down to money and NCL won't agree to the terms AAA want. I'm a agent and there's a AAA office down the street from us. I recommend them for info on driving vacations and I love the free maps and guidebooks, I've been know to get them for my clients since I'm a member, who want info on driving vacations that we don't do, other then that forget it. Have a Happy New Year.

Michael

Archived