Schweppes/Canada Dry contest 2006 winners: Did you win?

and we selected the February 10th sailing of the Jewel Of the Seas.

We met up with a great bunch of guys and gals in the roll call thread (don't tell 'em I think they're great: it'll go straight to their heads!:D)

Cheers,

Laurent

Aahhh, gosh Laurent!! :o ;)

To anyone that is on this cruise and hasn't signed up for the M & M...... get to it.

Having Laurent (and Lori), a newbie cruise winner has been a blast. He has reminded all of us veteran cruisers of what it is like to take that first cruise......... I don't think there is one question he has not asked. ;)

I'm not sure what will be more fun, the cruise or watching Laurent when he steps foot on the ship. In Sept I spent 24 days on the Jewel but I'm betting within one hour Laurent will know that ship better than I do!! :D

Hi Laurent, thanks for the advice, my DH is a pretty big worry wort, he'd be thinking that if the potential thief wasn't able to steal our 7 year old car he'd be p.o'd and he'd trash it or something like that. Regardless, he's going to have to deal with it eventually.

You must be getting so psyched about your cruise, i know how excited i get just getting ready for one, and you guys are lucky enough to experience all that and not have to pay for it, how cool is that?

SOMEBEACH:

He has reminded all of us veteran cruisers of what it is like to take that first cruise

Agreed, and Yes, I DO remember what it was like!! Still!! :D

Laurent:

...if you don't have a distributor cap...

No, unfortunately, all my recent vehicles haven't had one of those - all electronic, and if you've looked under the hood lately, where do you even start! :p

No, I found the best deterrent is the vehicle itself, no-one seems to give the "lowly" minivan a second glance, it seems. Which is good in one respect as the theives go after sportier vehicles.

Alas the van is now gone, and I have to worry about theives, door dingers, etc.. once again. :o

CDS2423:

...tell me was yours parked outside or is it in a covered garage?...

Ummm, no. At the best Western the parking lot, actually the entire property is surrounded by a 12' high chain link fence with barbwire on top. When we pulled up, DW asked in horror, "Where are you taking us?!?!?!":eek:

It was all outdoors, no garage. Their WAS a slight overhang at the back of the building where maybe a dozen vehicles or so were protected from direct rain/snow/sun, but those spots were taken.

So...

Now i know i'll feel so much more comfortable leaving the van there, oh well what fun would life be without taking any risks? How exciting it would be to come back off a cruise & go to pick-up your vehicle to make the long trek back to the great white north and it wasn't there, i can just imagine the entire scenario now. I know that tons of people use the BW for the park n cruise program, have yet to hear of any stolen vehicles.

Well, it sounds like the parking area is as secure as Guantanamo Bay, so you don't need to worry about that.

Re cruising out of NJ: DW and I are interrested in those last-minute deals we see in the junk e-mails we get now (:rolleyes:), but I don't recall seeing any out of NJ. We always thought they were amazing deals, and that the airfare would be the more expensive item. So this park 'n cruise would be cheaper. Gas for 14 to 18 hours driving is about $200.00 to $250.00, which is much cheaper than airfare. I wonder when the weather gets warm enough to swim in the outside pool though. i.e. how many days of winter weather cruising do we have to endure before it warms up? I've seen 7 nights for about $400.00 PP, which would make the whole week about $1,000.00 plus tips, taxes, booze: under $1,500.00 CDN, which is what? Fifty bucks U.S.? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Gee, I must be the only one that made it onto Crusie Critic. too bad: it's by far the best web site of its kind. Can't think of what I would be doing if I hadn't found it. I wouldn't be going on the Pirate crusie, I wouldn't have met all these people, and the list can go on for a long time!

Gee, I must be the only one that made it onto Crusie Critic. too bad: it's by far the best web site of its kind...

Sshhhh Laurent - Don't let them know that, they'll raise the membership fee. :rolleyes:

Ant those other winners? They are probably just LURKERS ! ! !

no fun at all. :D

Archived