Alamo rental at FLL - how convenient?

Birdnutty

I'm looking for the best price/yet convenient car rental at FLL airport, and so far Alamo looks like a good contender. Can anyone tell me how convenient Alamo is to get to and to return a car to?

Thanks in advance

I'm looking for the best price/yet convenient car rental at FLL airport, and so far Alamo looks like a good contender. Can anyone tell me how convenient Alamo is to get to and to return a car to?

Thanks in advance

They are all in the same terminal. Try Thrifty , Dollar or National. Thrifty is the usually the cheapest.

That's good information. Thank you. About how far away is the depot from the terminal? Is it much further away than Hertz, for instance? Hertz's rates were only about $30 more for the week, and if there's a huge difference in convenience, it's sometimes worth it.

Nuttybird. THEY ARE ALL IN THE SAME FACILITY. The only difference could be that one company is on the 3rd level and one is on the 4th. The FLL rental car facility is connected to Terminal A which is used by Southwest. If you arrive via SWA you just have a short walk to the facility. If you arrive at any other terminal, you will have to ride a shuttle bus to the rental facility. Ditto for the return. If you go to the FLL website you might find a detailed map of the facility to determine the exact location of each rental company.

Anyone knows which car rental companies offer post cruise shuttle from the port to the airport? Thanks in advance!

All of them.

The car rental companies no longer use individually owned buses. They now utilize buses that are operated by the airport authority. They're easy to spot as the say car rental all over them. ;)

Did I understand that right, to rent a car at the airport I can get a shuttle from the Port Everglades pier to the airport through the car rental companies/airport shuttle?

I have been looking at rental cars and at least one said they no longer pickup disembarking car renters due to security issues (Enterprise). Their FLL website says they service ONLY deplaning customers.

Only picked them because off-FLL far cheaper but looks like I have to go to FLL to get a car for three day post cruise jaunt to see relatives in Naples.

What is the recommended appraoch? Are there any rental agencies at the POrt that aloow drop at airport since they are so close?

:confused:

I booked a car online from Thrifty at an off-airport location for cheaper rate. On their website, they state port pick up is available. I am going to call and make sure if it is the case. If not, I don't think it will be much for Cab fare anyway.

Are there any rental agencies at the POrt that aloow drop at airport since they are so close?

There are no car rental agencies at the port. The easiest, quickest, least hassle is to just grab a cab for the five minute ride to the airport. Usually the "free" shuttle is more trouble then it's worth. Remember, yours is not the only ship in port and everyone wants a "free" ride......then the 5 minute ride turns into an hour.

Archived