Need Help with South American Cruise on RCI

cruisenfever

We have a b2b cruise booked on Splendour of the Seas for March 22 & April 6, 2008. I have a couple of questions for those that have sailed to SA.

First of all, RCI has three hotels listed in their catalog for a precruise stay........Sheraton Santiago Hotel & Convention Center; Intercontinental Santiago Hotel and Crowne Plaza Santiago. We are leaning towards the Crowne Plaza, but would appreciate any info from anyone that has stayed at any of these hotels.

Secondly, since we will be sailing into Sao Paulo, Brazil and then staying on the ship to do the TA ending up in Lisbon, Portugal........do we need a VISA? I know that if we were flying into Brazil, we would need a VISA, but I am wondering if the same rules apply when sailing in.

Any infornation on the above would be greatly appreciated.

I would call Royal Caribbean and ask, but I imagine that you will need a visa. You probably won't even be able to board the ship without one since you will be in Brazil. You could also check the consulate page. Here is the link to the embassy where you can write and ask. http://www.brasilemb.org/consulado/consular_visa_tourism.shtml. You have plenty of time as you have to apply for the visa and use it within 90 days for the first time, then it is good for 5 years.

I would call Royal Caribbean and ask, but I imagine that you will need a visa. You probably won't even be able to board the ship without one since you will be in Brazil. You could also check the consulate page. Here is the link to the embassy where you can write and ask. http://www.brasilemb.org/consulado/consular_visa_tourism.shtml. You have plenty of time as you have to apply for the visa and use it within 90 days for the first time, then it is good for 5 years.

We shall be sailing from Valpariso, Chile to Sao Paulo, Brazil, so we shall be on the ship already when we get to Sao Paulo. We do not plan to get off the ship before our TA starts. I do remember when we sailed from Auckland to Sydney we did not need a visa, but when we sailed the reverse itinerary and flew into Sydney, we did need a visa. I thought that by sailing into Brazil on a ship, it would be handled the same way.

Thanks for the link, but I have already contacted the Brazilian Consulate, and have not heard a word from them and it has been about 8 weeks. Guess they need another email from me.

Archived