Port of Los Angeles

Hello, I'm a first time cruiser and my question is in regards to Public Parking at the Port of Los Angeles. The Port Web site states that there are about 3000 spaces.. first come, first serve. Is there any problem finding a vacant parking space at the Port??? and my 2nd question is ... Does anyone know of any Hotels in the area that permit you to leave your vehicle at their property during the cruise??? This is my first cruise.. only a 3 day, but a way to introduce my wife and I to cruising... P.S. Leaving in Feb/07. Driving down from Northern CA...

Thanks in advance..

George

We've never had a problem finding a parking space at the Port of LA. Parking is about $12/day, as I recall.

I have read, here, that there are hotels with a "stay and park" option, but I'll have to leave it to others for that info. Have a safe drive down and a wonderful cruise! ~ LL

PS: Welcome to Cruise Critic!

George, we have done several cruises out of the Port of LA and have never had a problem with the public parking. On the 3 or 4 day cruises we have parked our car and walked to the embarkation area in 3-4 minutes. When we were there in early Dec it was $12 a day for parking and they do take credit cards.

Welcome to cruise critic and I hope you and your wife have a great first cruise. Careful, you may become addicted like many of us!!

Hello, I'm a first time cruiser and my question is in regards to Public Parking at the Port of Los Angeles. The Port Web site states that there are about 3000 spaces.. first come, first serve. Is there any problem finding a vacant parking space at the Port??? and my 2nd question is ... Does anyone know of any Hotels in the area that permit you to leave your vehicle at their property during the cruise??? This is my first cruise.. only a 3 day, but a way to introduce my wife and I to cruising... P.S. Leaving in Feb/07. Driving down from Northern CA...

Thanks in advance..

George

No problem parking at port. We try to arrive by 12 noon for a 5pm sailing to get a close space. Works well. On our 12/8 cruise, no line at all to board either. We were eating lunch before 1 pm.

Thanks in advance..

George

We drive in for our cruises out of LA and have never had a problem with parking. The parking lot for the 3 and 4 day cruises is shown at the link below. The lot is below and slightly to the left of the ship in the pic... to the left of the "Y" shaped terminal drive. It is secured parking.

Parking:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=33.747038,-118.277607&spn=0.003765,0.007145&t=k&om=1

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn San Pedro and they have a park-n-sail program... but on recommendations from others on this board I am going to try the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro this time.

Their website is here:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/LAXPV/welcome

Personally, I'd spend the night in Long Beach, rather than San Pedro.

Unless the parking at a hotel is secure, I'd not trust leaving my car in a lot around the area of the cruise port in San Pedro. You'll know what I mean when you get there. San Pedro is an industrial area, the hotels close by look a bit seedy to me.

Long Beach, just a few short miles away, is a world of difference. There is plenty to see and do there, lots of great restaurants and shopping.

You might spend a bit more cash, but in the long run have a more pleasant environment and also feel a little safer. The parking lot at the port is gated and supervised.

Archived