Amsterdam to Budapest Photos

Buckland

Hi Debbie P

I used a Canon S3 IS, 6 Megapixel, 12X zoom. The thing I like the most though is that it can shoot in 16 by 9 format so the images will fit an HD TV. I use that feature pretty much exclusively. The movie mode is great too. The only problem is - I take way too many photos and I have a devil of a time trying to sort them all out. I use Videowave 7 to make a slide production which puts everything in DVD format so all you need is a DVD player. The downside to that is - the individual photos are not accessible. But it makes a great slide show.

Buck

Thanks Carole,

I have a million of them! Well, only about 7,000 not including the ones my travelling companions shared with me - that would bring the total to almost 9,000! I think everyone would be sleeping by the time we got through those - even me! There are some that I particularly like, though. I'll have a look for some more. Maybe I'll lump them into cities. I'm using some new picture handling software called Picasa2 - it's free from Google and it's very versatile. I especially love the way it handles red eye. I need to get accustomed to the way it sorts and displays photos, but once that is under my belt I'm sure I'll be just fine. It's a great program, very easy to pick up.

Buck

As you all probably know, in Europe there is an unbelievable amount of art and statues and monuments - enough to satisfy anybody who has a passion for such things. Here is the first of a four part series of photos I took while on our cruise. I have grouped them in alphabetical order according to city. A lot of these were taken on the fly while trying to keep up with our tour guides. I would have taken so many more had I the time to set up the shots more. I have not included any descriptions other than the city in the photo name. I just love looking at the close-ups of some of the faces of the statues and wonder sometimes of what was going through the artist's mind when they created such magnificent works. Enjoy

Buck

I must mention here that there is one photo I kind of messed with a bit - it's the colored statue of David in Cologne. It looked a bit too real so I covered him up. My appologies to the purists. I still have the original, so I can post that one if anyone complains.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/buckcruiser/StatuesAndArtOnTheRiverPart1

Thanks for the photos as well as the info about your camera. Your panoramic shots were especially interesting. Are they overlapping single shots which ar later stitched together? Where were you located when you did the "Budapest was very interesting" scene? I am guessing the Gellert Spa.

Hi WIT

My camera has a setting on it called "Stitch Assist". When used with the software that came with the camera called Zoombrowser, I am able to stitch a series of photos together to make the large panoramas like the one you mentioned. While in the Vatican a couple years ago I made a stitched photo 360 degrees. It was pretty cool. It is important to keep the camera level when taking the shots or you could have some very interesting results when stitching. Sometimes the program will get the order wrong and the result looks like a Picasso! The program will also stitch regular photos too, but the results are a lot better with the assist setting.

Buck

Archived