Tubing in Belize

brianep1968

Probably not Carnival's fault but in September we went on the Tubing excursion. First let me tell you i had some back surgery a few years ago and my legs now suffer from weakness, so after they said it was a mild event with some walking I was excited. The death march through the rainforest was a bit much for me. I saw the river, heard the river and saw tubers but we kept walking on and on. I was pretty sure they have quicker jaunt through the forest but to get your money's worth the long haul was included. The group of people from our ship were great,waiting for me and slowing down or maybe they were waiting for me to drop for dibs on my wallet. Anyway we make it and the water felt great but my finacee was thrown into rocks and branches the whole time and hated it. OSHA would stop this excursion in the U.S. immediately with out helmets. Any one else do this excursion. Again probably not Carnival's fault and the cruise was fabulous, we did the horse back riding in Honduras and it was fabulous!

According to the shore excursion website, the cave tubing is a 3-walker tour, meaning pretty strenuous. I am sorry you haven't felt good but you should thoroughly research any activities. I don't know who told you "a mild event with some walking" but they obviously gave you the wrong impression. The description say 45 minute hike through the rainforest. We did this excursion last year and absolutely loved it.

considerable.gif

Considerable Activity: Very active excursion involving constant effort. The excursion may require continual physical movement, including paddling, walking long distances, or climbing steep inclines.

I agree that it was a strenuos hike. There is a 45 minute walk in the mall and then there is a 45 minute hike thru the Belizean rainforest. Two very different things. We did an independant excursion and it seemed like we went twice as far as the cruise ship tour. If you are not in at least average health, I would not do this tour. If you can do it, it's awesome though. One of the coolest tours we have done..

I agree that it was a strenuos hike. There is a 45 minute walk in the mall and then there is a 45 minute hike thru the Belizean rainforest. Two very different things. We did an independant excursion and it seemed like we went twice as far as the cruise ship tour. If you are not in at least average health, I would not do this tour. If you can do it, it's awesome though. One of the coolest tours we have done..

Archived