I always hate the last few days before you go cruising!

I know exactly how you feel. We are leaving in 4 days. I have to make sure to get all the bills paid before we leave, the house cleaned, and stock up food in the refrigerator so the kids at home won't starve.

I hope the night before doesnt go too slow. I think I might just stay up all night since we have to leave for the airport at 5 a.m.

We leave for Florida in 10 short days. I figure it this way, 4 days of work this week (3 days left now) and 4 days next week then it's vacation cruise time!!

We've been planning this cruise for just over 1 year and are quite excited it's so close. The new suitcase I got for Christmas is just waiting to be filled.

Thanks to everyone at Cruise Critic for all your helpful tips, hints and money saving ideas. It's great to have such a resource of others willing to help and share.

we leave friday am, to arrive for ros on the 6th, this is our 1st cruise and i feel so nervous , is this normal, i am usuallu excited jan x

I feel ya I leave Friday morning to drive to Dallas, pick up two pals and then we're off to Galvenston for the Splendor on the 6th. Its CRUNCH time :D

We leave on the 19th for Miami - this is the time when I always go into panic mode:eek: and start to worry....about my daughter who will be home alone except when my sister comes comes over to sleep later on in the evening....about our dog, who I know won't be walked, etc. properly by said daughter.....I usually really go into panic mode as we are leaving for the airport early in the morning.... but when we get there, and I go into "vacation" mode, it's always the best time ever!:D

Happy Cruising everybody!

Kim.

This is a good thread, especially because I did the 30-day (or 31?) freakout today!! I happened to look at my fold-out-over-the-bathroom-door product travel thingy today and yelled to my BF "Arrrhhh we only have A MONTH until the Serenade. Do you know what that means?" BF responds "Um...nope" and I say "We have sooo much to do before then. Crap. Don't we?"

He's sitting there clueless and that's when I realize that I was freaking out just because it's no longer in the distant future. It's a reality! One that involves preparing and cleaning and packing and battening down the hatches and what not.

No more staring out into space and mumbling "can't wait till our cruise...." it's go time!!! :eek:

Laura

We leave for Florida in 10 short days. I figure it this way, 4 days of work this week (3 days left now) and 4 days next week then it's vacation cruise time!!

We've been planning this cruise for just over 1 year and are quite excited it's so close. The new suitcase I got for Christmas is just waiting to be filled.

We booked our last Jan 19th. We had our first child dec 15th 05 and we were looknig for a getaway when we felt we were comfortable leaving him. We decided to wait the year and go on the Freedom. We are excited, ready, and very tired. We have not had much alone time and are really looking forward to some time together. Of course my wife is really looking forward to being able to move around and not have the little man attached to her leg. Cruises are the ultimate vacation, get on board and the rest is up to the imagination. My wife will sleep, I will eat. Man what a life!

I leave on Sunday and I hate the next few days. Today I really needed to do some cleaning of the house and a few errons but the kids are still out of school and I can't focus my mind is wondering to the trip!

I have to scrub my house top to bottom because my MIL may be staying here instead of at her house with the kids....wont know until Sat. so I have to be prepared...but focus is hard right now.

DH wont let me pack until Saturday morning. AS IF I DON"T have a TON to do that day (marshal arts for my son, cleanning the final job, packing the kids incase they go to grandparents, changing the cat box, filling feeders for cats/dogs, the list goes on and on).

But the wait for 6AM on Sunday to start our 4 hour drive to the port is killing me!

Angele

Won't let you pack? That is just rude. My suitcase goes on the floor a month before the trip. I have the kids stack piles around it of what they want to take and then approve or deny each item :) It is quite the process, but gets me out of doing ALL the work. I love that time! What I hate is driving to the parking area, seeing all the people leaving to go home and already contemplating what that day will be like for me :(

We are one tiny week away!!!! We will be flying out next Wed. to board the Enchantment on Thursday morning!!! A group of 40 girls will soon take over the Enchantment of the Seas!!!!

7 days, 6 days, 5 days, 4 days, 3 days, 2 days, 1 day......sail away!!!!!!

I feel your pain! Time seems to have slowed down, and yet, I really do like the last few weeks leading up to a vacation. The anticipation is *almost* as good as the vacation itself. Who am I kidding, I can't wait!

Archived