? for anyone Port to FCO by taxi?

Also posted on Europe forum but has anyone gotten a taxi without reserving in advance from the port to FCO or vice versus?

Last Med cruise on Liberty we prearranged a driver, but it wasn't much less than what Carnival was charging and this time everyone wants to try to wing it. I'm a little nervous about it and was wondering if anyone cared to share an actual experience with finding drivers, especially from port to airport after debarking.

Thanks

The taxi drivers were quoting a rate of 200 Euros for the small cabs (would hold 2 or 3 passengers plus luggage) when I was last in Civitavecchia. I have not traveled from Civitavecchia to Rome by private driver because we always take the train, but I would imagine that the private drivers charge less than that. I haven't seen a shortage of taxis when we've been in and out of that port, but other board members have reported taxis not available when they needed one. I don’t know how much the taxi drivers with vans charge to go to Rome, but that might be an option. If the train is an option for you, there are many threads on these boards on riding the train from Civitavecchia to Rome.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Archived