Just back from Star Christmas Cruise

Eddie4Paws

I have a friend that just returned from the Western Caribbean. Here's what he emailed to me:

"the cruise was terrible....six hours late out of Ft. Laud...first day...engine trouble or something...missed our whole day tour in Jamaica,,,got only three hours there....then, in the Cayman's, we got to the port for our excursion and suddenly everyone was called back to the ship...everything cancelled....they said for weather, but the weather was great as we waited all day for fifteen people to be found and brought back to the ship...now it was 5pm....they had a great day in the islands, we had zip....late for the mexican port....not that we cared there on that one....it was awful...personnel were actually rude and withdrawn...lots of other problems...too many to mention now...we are writing a letter and our travel agent .....will be our last Princess cruise.... "

He and his wife have previously cruised on Princess and had a fantastic time. They are not complainers and usually make the best of any situation. He has mentioned that he will email me later with more details, so I don't know all the specifics. Since nothing has been mentioned here, I was just wondering if anyone else was on this cruise and if they had a similar experience.

See link to Grand Cayman pictures

http://outdoors.webshots.com/photo/2676659750051395705cGUOAL

I think I can comment. We were on the Golden over Christmas, same stops.

Above is a link of a few pictures I took while in Grand Cayman to give you an idea of what the seas were like. You friend is right, the weather was fantastic on the Island. The problem was tendering in, or worse getting all the passangers back. The last picture is a shot from the tenders.

We were one of the lucky ones... We moored in Spot Bay which made the tender possible... I think there were seven other ships that could not tender in, so I dont know that we can blame this one on Princess.

All week, especially in the evenings there were high winds so much so that we could not use our uncovered balcony it night...It was just to scarey for me.

We all take our chances when we cruise... Somtimes you win, sometimes you loose... As far for rudeness, on our cruise we did not run into that, but we made all our stops, and the passangers were happy and not complaining!!

BTY, all of the other ship pictures in this albulm are not related to this conversation... (only the last 3 are of the Caymans) I just needed somewhere to post the Grand Cayman pictures fast!

Archived