does celebrity do UPGRADES???

melika091900

I was just wondering if celebrity ever offers free upgrades or discounts to upgrade.. on cruises like some other cruiselines do, or if theres a number i can call to check on that, ? we are booked in an inside ( the lowest cate ) and i noticed it says call us only for this cate . does it mean its sold out and maybe they will want to upgrade people so they can get more people on the ship? just wondering.. our 1st cruise ever in our lives was on mercury , but that was when i knew nothing about cruising ,

thanks in advance.

Melissa

I was just wondering if celebrity ever offers free upgrades or discounts to upgrade..

Melissa

Melissa:

it's almost as rare as being hit by lightning. Although I've read about some people being upgraded, it rarely happens. We've cruised over 40 times with Celebrity without getting an upgrade.:(

Booking a GTY category sometimes means getting a cabin better than anticipated.

On HAL, Princess and RCI it seemed to be a standard procedure for early bookings.

Whenever I've asked about buying an upgrade when I get to the ship, the standard answer seems: "Sorry, we're full.":cool:

Melissa:

it's almost as rare as being hit by lightning. Although I've read about some people being upgraded, it rarely happens. We've cruised over 40 times with Celebrity without getting an upgrade.:(

Booking a GTY category sometimes means getting a cabin better than anticipated.

On HAL, Princess and RCI it seemed to be a standard procedure for early bookings.

Whenever I've asked about buying an upgrade when I get to the ship, the standard answer seems: "Sorry, we're full.":cool:

I'm a little surprised that you have never seen an upgrade with all the bookings you have.You should get at least one upgrade for just being a captain club member.Off season is when you'll see most of your upgrades.Spring and fall is the low season for most cruisers.X upgrades the existing bookings and reduces the price on its inside and oceanview cabins to attract customers.Don't expect any upgrades in primetime vacation season.

I'm a little surprised that you have never seen an upgrade with all the bookings you have.You should get at least one upgrade for just being a captain club member.Off season is when you'll see most of your upgrades.Spring and fall is the low season for most cruisers.X upgrades the existing bookings and reduces the price on its inside and oceanview cabins to attract customers.Don't expect any upgrades in primetime vacation season.

By an upgrade, I meant an unexpected improvement in accomodations, not the "free" 1 category "upgrade" that is part of pricing when booking a cruise.

Most of my cruising is in the offseason. I avoid holiday sailings like the plague... uh Norwalk..

X does not upgrade existing bookings (not mine anyways) but does sell empty cabins at a discount to fill the ship after final payment has been made. X has never improved my category and then sold my cabin at a discount. It hasen't even offered me an automatic discount when it reduces prices.

We just returned from a cruise on Galaxy. We were upgraded from a standard ocean view cabin to Concierge Class with balcony. This happened one week prior to leaving when I checked our reservation on the internet.

I have sailed X 6 times and nary an upgrade, including on GTY bookings.

Other than the Captain's Club one category (inside to inside, outside to outside only), the upgrade fairy has never visited.

I have had much better luck on other lines.

we have sailed 4 times with celebrity and 3 more with royal caribbean. we are captain club select members-whatever that means. we AND the couple we were traveling with-who had no prior trips, were upgraded from balcony to HUGE wrap-around suites. this was 6 months after 9/11. maybe that was it. good luck.

Archived