Formal Nights

G'day, ill be sailing away on the 18th Of january aboard the Pacific Sun and i was just wondering what sort of clothing is acceptable for the Formal nights, ive herd it gets pretty formal, but not so much that you have to wear a suit or your out. If anyone here has set sail on the pacific sun and can tell me that would be great!

For the guys its usually suit jacket and pants, collar shirt and tie but they dont generally enforce this. Sometimes you see people dressed up in the best tux they can get.

The ladies tend to have a few more options than the fellas.

And welcome to the boards. Not long till you cruise now...

hi starlight18th

Welcome, my husband has never worn a suit jacket, he just wears dress pants, shirt and tie. My 20yr son did the same. We cruised on the Sun in March.

Just wear whats comfortable for you, believe me, you will see all sorts of outfits:eek:

Cheryl

I think cocktail attire is generally appropriate.

I wore a black cocktail dress, hubby wore a pinstripe suit.

I saw chicks in full-on bridesmaids dresses. Satin and taffeta and lace and all that. :confused: :rolleyes:

I felt that was a little too formal, but you know the saying, better to be overdressed than underdressed.

I love seeing the marshmellow satin and taffeta frocks come out on formal nights.:D I would love to be able to fit my old ones. I think it is great that the ladies can still wear them. Must look in the drama club wardrobe next time as I have the key to the place. There are some real great ones in there, just have to get one to fit a very plus size me.

Not long for you now Rockie. Are you all psyched (sp?) up for the flight over here? I'm off work Wed & Thurs & have decided to take the kids down to Darling Harbour & Circular Quqy for the day. Unfortunately due to other committments (linedancing) Wed is a much better day for me. Otherwise I'd be able to see the Sapphire. Have seen it before though.

Karen

Hi karen

Hubby and I have decided to do a quick trip to Sydney this weekend, my daughter has been holidaying down there with the relatives, thought we might do a romantic night on the Saturday night;)

I have just noticed the Pacific Princess will be departing Darling Harbour at 4pm and thought i could get my cruise fix:p but hubby has to work Saturday morning here so won't get to Sydney till about 5pm:( .

Oh well!! i'll do some shopping instead!

Cheryl

This is the dress I will be wearing on the next trip. Not quite formal but I think since it matches hubbys bowtie it is nice. I am on the right and daughter is flowergirl. Is us with bride and groom in second photo.

http://www.remektek.com.au/images/tonywedding/source/_psz1302.htm

http://www.remektek.com.au/images/tonywedding/source/_psz1304.htm

ADF that colour red is absolutley beautiful!! I love red, but there are so many different shades, I love that one, you look gorgeous!!!

Chez

I agree. That dress is absolutely stunning and you really DO look gorgeous! :D:p Lol. Better tell all the ladies on your next cruise to chain up their hubbies while you're on the prowl in that sexy little number!

Edit: Now that is one bridesmaid's dress that you would want to wear again and again. Stunning!

This is the dress I will be wearing on the next trip. Not quite formal but I think since it matches hubbys bowtie it is nice. I am on the right and daughter is flowergirl. Is us with bride and groom in second photo.

http://www.remektek.com.au/images/tonywedding/source/_psz1302.htm

http://www.remektek.com.au/images/tonywedding/source/_psz1304.htm

Wow it Looks Great! Hope I can find somthing as nice, I seem to be getting bigger and bigger You should see the looks when you ask the shop assitants for help. I need to find somthing soon for my Brothers wedding in March and it can double as a formal out fit:(

Archived