Doing 1 1/2 days in Vancouver post cruise with kids 9 and 13, staying at Pinnacle -- what to do?

Hi, I am going on the coastal cruise from LA to Vancouver on the Dawn Princess May 7 - 10th with my 9 yo son and 13 yo daughter, sans husband. We are staying in Vancouver at the Pinnacle one night post cruise until Tuesday afternoon when we fly back to LA.

What are some activites my kids would enjoy doing? -- I thought maybe Chinatown, Robson Street, Stanley Park. Where to go for souveniers and momentos, esp since the cruise goes direct to Vancouver without any stops anywhere (so we can't get any souveniers that way). Is the Pinnacle fairly central, can we walk there with our luggage from Canada Place after we disembark, and can we walk to everywhere from the hotel to see the places mentioned earlier? Is the Pinnacle close enough to the ocean to get ocean views?

What are some good eating places and shopping places? Is everything central so we can walk, or is taking public transit a viable option? What is the best way to get to the airport, and how much time should I allow to go through security and customs before our flight?

Do I need to exchange US Dollars for Canadian currency, or can I just use US dollars or my VISA/MASTERCARD instead? Which way offers the best exchange rate?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

Lisa

Caribbean Princess 08/21/2004

Dawn Princess Repositioning Pacific Coastal Cruise 05/07/2004

Carnival Ecstasy January 2004

Carnival Ecstasy April 2003

Star Princess (Mexican Riviera) Christmas 2002

Royal Caribbean January 2000

NCL Windstar(Alaska) August 1995

I would also add Science World which is nearby. Lots of hands on activities perfect for your children's ages. Visit site for more details.

You will find lots of souvenier places around your hotel - nice hotel btw. Though I'm not sure if you would get an ocean view.

Shopping - there is a huge mall called Pacific Centre which is near your hotel. Robson Street is fabulous also! Check out Cows ice cream. You can use US dollars in almost all stores.

Lisa

Grouchy;

Any limo services you recommend? There are three of us (1 adult, 2 children) so I assume that going from the hotel to the airport will be less expensive by limo.

Also, is the Marriot Pinnacle close enough to the pier so we can just walk to the hotel from Canada place after we disembark from the cruise ship?

Lisa

Caribbean Princess 08/21/2004

Dawn Princess Repositioning Pacific Coastal Cruise 05/07/2004

Carnival Ecstasy January 2004

Carnival Ecstasy April 2003

Star Princess (Mexican Riviera) Christmas 2002

Royal Caribbean January 2000

NCL Windstar(Alaska) August 1995

• 2 months later...

Lisa how did your trip with the kids go?

What did you decide to do?

My husband and will be in Vancouver with our two (13 and 16) and are looking for activities for the day before our cruise departs.

What were your kids favorite activities and places to eat

Thanks

Dawn

Archived