Informal Dining

JudyShaw5

Waiddaminit! Wait a minute! We haven't finished the Cocoa Puffs thread yet! You see, Malcolm, with the choco Straw (I seem to remember them in Strawberry, too, for those of you who put strawberries in your champagne, but still want a nice bendy straw) With the straw you can blow bubbles in the milk, then up the bowl and slurp it down. You see! Two different delectable and enjoyable gustatory experiences at once!

Karie,

Who doesn't care for Cocoa Puffs. Do they have Frosted Flakes? And what flavor straw goes best with them?

Sorry,

I just can't see myself eating something called "Muesli" for pleasure!

It sounds too much like something that is "good for you!"

OTOH, Malcolm, I have found something for you that is MUCH BETTER than your choco-straw!

Check this out, from Wikiepedia. I just happened to stumble onto this. Out Friends down-under will understand!

The Tim Tam Slam (or Tim Tam straw) is the practice of drinking a beverage by sucking it through a Tim Tam, an Australian chocolate-covered biscuit. The practice is done by sucking through a Tim Tam with both ends bitten off. According to the Toxic Custard guide to Australia, this procedure is done as follows:

1. Prepare a cup of tea (or other hot or cold drink)
  2. Remove the Tim Tam from the packet
  3. Bite a small section off two diagonally opposite corners
  4. Dip one corner into the drink
  5. Suck on the other corner, which will mix the drink with little pieces of the biscuit
  6. When the Tim Tam begins to fall apart in your hand, eat the whole biscuit
  7. Obtain another Tim Tam from the packet and return to step 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_tam_slam

There is a wonderful picture that goes with it.

You simply must pop over there and take a look!

n the United Kingdom, many people have reported having found the Penguin "suitable for Slamming", albeit tricky, and with the recommendation to use a shorter length of biscuit and not to use one's hands to hold the biscuit but to simply hold it with one's mouth

On Australia Day in 2004, 200 people in a pub in Croydon, England, and reportedly 30,000 people throughout the United Kingdom as a whole, attempted to set a record for tea-sucking, using Tim Tams.

Well, there you have it. There is lot's more to be read on the Wiki site.

So do you think it will catch on in the Queens Grill Lounge for tea?

Karie,

who after a miserable day doing battle with my weasly boss needs some comic relief. ...or a little Gin relief works fine, too!

Sorry,

It sounds too much like something that is "good for you!"

OTOH, Malcolm, I have found something for you that is MUCH BETTER than your choco-straw!

Check this out, from Wikiepedia. I just happened to stumble onto this. Out Friends down-under will understand!

The Tim Tam Slam (or Tim Tam straw) is the practice of drinking a beverage by sucking it through a Tim Tam, an Australian chocolate-covered biscuit. The practice is done by sucking through a Tim Tam with both ends bitten off. According to the Toxic Custard guide to Australia, this procedure is done as follows:

1. Prepare a cup of tea (or other hot or cold drink)
  2. Remove the Tim Tam from the packet
  3. Bite a small section off two diagonally opposite corners
  4. Dip one corner into the drink
  5. Suck on the other corner, which will mix the drink with little pieces of the biscuit
  6. When the Tim Tam begins to fall apart in your hand, eat the whole biscuit
  7. Obtain another Tim Tam from the packet and return to step 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_tam_slam

There is a wonderful picture that goes with it.

You simply must pop over there and take a look!

n the United Kingdom, many people have reported having found the Penguin "suitable for Slamming", albeit tricky, and with the recommendation to use a shorter length of biscuit and not to use one's hands to hold the biscuit but to simply hold it with one's mouth

On Australia Day in 2004, 200 people in a pub in Croydon, England, and reportedly 30,000 people throughout the United Kingdom as a whole, attempted to set a record for tea-sucking, using Tim Tams.

Well, there you have it. There is lot's more to be read on the Wiki site.

So do you think it will catch on in the Queens Grill Lounge for tea?

Karie,

who after a miserable day doing battle with my weasly boss needs some comic relief. ...or a little Gin relief works fine, too!

You must try their "Swiss Bircher Muesli" (I think I've spelt that right). Think about drinking double cream with little bits of fruit and nuts in it:)

Have you only just heard of that habit?:) Thanks for the recommendation of using a Penguin though - I'll try it and let you know if it works.

Archived