priceline hotels in Barcelona

Need a pre and post hotel in Barcelona, would like to use Priceline.

Has anyone done this recently and if so what area do I use to get Las Ramblas and how much should I expect to pay. Don't need luxury, just clean.

Thanks...in advance

Priceline isn't a city where I would use Priceline as the 2 zones are so big (about 4 miles by 4 miles) that it's unlikely you would get a hotel in Las Ramblas area. Looking at the map, it looks as though Las Ramblas would come into Barcelona East. Good luck if you do try it, and let us know how you go on

At the risk of sounding like an advert why not try http://www.hotelcontinental.com?

We stayed there pre and post cruise last September, and have booked again this year. It's clean though a little shabby and faded. If you need AC, I understand that the Continental Palacete is newer and does have AC

This last June the wife and I stayed at Hotel Coninental Palacete in Las Ramblas (Three Star with Air Conditioning) pre cruise. After the cruise we stayed at Hotel Hesperia Del Mar (Four Star with Air Conditioning). This hotel is less than two blocks from the Beach (Bela Mar Beach). I picked it up on Priceline for about the same price as Hotel Continental. If you like the beach you will love this location. My wife like Hesperia better than Las Ramblas but that was her opinion. She felt more secure at Hesperia than Las Ramblas. For anyone doing research on Hotels in the East Barcelona distric I would recommend going to "Biddingfortravel". Good luck, we really enjoyed our stay and Cruise out of Barcelona. Tim

Norwegian Sky 5/03 Alaska

Norwegian Star 11/03 Hawaii

Royal Caribbean Splendor of the Seas 5/04

Hello. I thought I would share my experience with Priceline. Admittedly my Priceline experience is limited...Barcelona booking was only my 2nd booking. I too ended up with Hesperia Del Mar for $90 per night, however after looking over the star valuations (4* for Hesperia Del Mar) I noticed that Orbitz gave Hesperia Del Mar only 2*. A substantial difference in my book to question the 4* from Priceline. And I decided to question Priceline on the qualifications of Hesperia warranting 4*. My inquiry went to their corporate office for further investigation and they decided to change the star rating of Hesperia from 4* to 3*.

I was extremely impressed with Priceline and would most certainly use them again. However, as someone stated earlier, Barcelona has only 2 broad zones to select from, and as I know from personal travel experience, many european hotels aren't matching up to american standards. Therefore, you may wish to select a hotel that you have reviewed and has been reviewed by others that fit your bill. It may save you from being disappointed and enhancing your overall trip experience.

Just my 2 cents :O)

lovely12no

Please see my posting under the thread a great place to stay in Barcelona! The Hotel Continental Palacete was really nice. it is located at Rambla de Catalunya, 30 and their email is palacete@hotelcontinental.com. We paid 130 euros to stay there but it included a buffet 24/7 including coffee, cappucinos, tea, bottled waters, juices and soda. The hotel staff was wonderful and spoke perfect English. (The gentleman at the front desk is British and about 50ish). It is difficult to find though. Please refer to my thread where I gave specific directions. It is about 2 blocks from the Placa square. There is a VW dealership (located INSIDE a storefront) across the street but on the same side of the street. Take care. Kelly G.A.

Archived