Hilton Hotels in San Diego

niborHS

I am trying to get a reward stay from Hilton for our overnight in San Diego before our cruise. Does anyone know which of their hotels are convenient to the pier and the minimal sight-seeing that we may have time to do? I don't want to be very close to the pier if there is nothing to do their. We can just take a cab over to the pier. I have enough points for all the different hotels they have, so that will not matter.

I am trying to get a reward stay from Hilton for our overnight in San Diego before our cruise. Does anyone know which of their hotels are convenient to the pier and the minimal sight-seeing that we may have time to do? I don't want to be very close to the pier if there is nothing to do their. We can just take a cab over to the pier. I have enough points for all the different hotels they have, so that will not matter.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn. We could walk to the pier, they have a shuttle and they would drive you and pick up if you asked. I walked to Horton Plaza and Seaport Village, and the Gaslamp District. The best thing was you could wake up Saturday morning and see the Oosterdam from your window if you are on the front side. I am have Hhonors but I we only paid $99.00 so I didn't bother to use rewards for the one night. It is not fancy but it is clean and the staff was wonderful. The breakfast in the morning was really nice. We also could walk to Ruth Chris steakhouse or Anthony's Fish Grotto for dinner.

The Hampton Inn has nothing to do with Hilton, which is what they were asking for.

There is plenty to do near the cruise ship pier (San Diego Maritime Museum, Midway aircraft carrier museum, Seaport Village, easy to get to the zoo, etc.)

There are quite a few Hilton's in San Diego. Just a quick run-down:

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (in the Gaslamp, near Petco Park and Seaport Village. Closest to the pier)

401 K Street, San Diego, CA

(619) 231-4040

Hilton San Diego Airport Harbor Island (on Harbor Island close to the airport. Good views, not much to do)

1960 Harbor Island Drive

San Diego, CA 92101

(619) 291-6700

San Diego Mission Valley Hilton (close to Mission Valley and Fashion Valley shopping malls, not to far to the Zoo or Seaworld, pretty easy to get to Old Town. Not on the SD Trolley line though)

901 Camino Del Rio S

San Diego, CA 92108

(619) 543-9000

Hazelwoods: Hilton Hotel Mission Bay (resort hotel right on Mission Bay. Good view, nice grounds, good walking/running in the area, but not close to restaurants. You would need a car to do anything from here)

1775 E Mission Bay Dr

San Diego, CA 92109

(619) 275-1248

The Hampton Inn has nothing to do with Hilton, which is what they were asking for.

There is plenty to do near the cruise ship pier (San Diego Maritime Museum, Midway aircraft carrier museum, Seaport Village, easy to get to the zoo, etc.)

There are quite a few Hilton's in San Diego. Just a quick run-down:

Hilton San Diego Gaslamp Quarter (in the Gaslamp, near Petco Park and Seaport Village. Closest to the pier)

401 K Street, San Diego, CA

(619) 231-4040

Hilton San Diego Airport Harbor Island (on Harbor Island close to the airport. Good views, not much to do)

1960 Harbor Island Drive

San Diego, CA 92101

(619) 291-6700

San Diego Mission Valley Hilton (close to Mission Valley and Fashion Valley shopping malls, not to far to the Zoo or Seaworld, pretty easy to get to Old Town. Not on the SD Trolley line though)

901 Camino Del Rio S

San Diego, CA 92108

(619) 543-9000

Hazelwoods: Hilton Hotel Mission Bay (resort hotel right on Mission Bay. Good view, nice grounds, good walking/running in the area, but not close to restaurants. You would need a car to do anything from here)

1775 E Mission Bay Dr

San Diego, CA 92109

(619) 275-1248

Sorry to upset you splinter but I have Hilton Honors and I get credit when staying at Hampton Inns, and Embassy Suites and a few others. I do know the difference between them and would not use my reward nights at a Hampton. I usually save my reward nights for the Embassy Suites in Maui, but I build rewards by staying at Hamptons and Hiltons. I was merely stating that friendly service, comfortable beds, great location and economical prices may be as important to some as the name. Have a good one. I prefer to look for the good points rather than dwell on the negative.

• 1 month later...
We stayed at the Hampton Inn. We could walk to the pier, they have a shuttle and they would drive you and pick up if you asked. I walked to Horton Plaza and Seaport Village, and the Gaslamp District. The best thing was you could wake up Saturday morning and see the Oosterdam from your window if you are on the front side. I am have Hhonors but I we only paid $99.00 so I didn't bother to use rewards for the one night. It is not fancy but it is clean and the staff was wonderful. The breakfast in the morning was really nice. We also could walk to Ruth Chris steakhouse or Anthony's Fish Grotto for dinner.

Does anyone have the actual address for this Hampton Inn. I am trying to look it up on the Hilton Hhonors website, but don't know exactly where it is. Thanks!:p

The Embassy suite is very close also. It will cost you more Hilton points.

As others have mentioned there is a lot to do in the area.

Archived