Disney Cruise Line

Nobbi

In February I will be taking my 2nd ever cruise, my first mainstream cruise (after the RSVP Mexican Riviera last October). This will be my partner of 13 years first cruise ever.

We love WDW and have decided to take a DCL Western Caribbean cruise with stops in Key West (never been!!!), Cozumel (closest was Cancun), Grand Cayman (refuse to get off), and Disney's own island.

From everything I've read, usually anyone who loves Disney will love it, anyone else won't. So there we're safe.

But I wonder if anyone here has had any experince with DCL travel as a GLBT person. I not so much mean a comparison of gay vs. mainstream, pros & cons, etc., but more Disney specific experiences of my fellow CCs with crew and other passengers.

Nobbi,

My husband and I took our first two cruises on the Disney Magic, about 8 or 9 years ago. We like Disney, and had a great time. They were our first cruises, so we had nothing to compare, but we thought the service, the cabins, and the ship were wonderful. The food was fair-to middling. We had no problems as a gay couple, and felt very welcome. My only advice: take the late sitting for dinner if you want to avoid a lot of children while you eat.

Nobbi,

My husband and I took our first two cruises on the Disney Magic, about 8 or 9 years ago. We like Disney, and had a great time. They were our first cruises, so we had nothing to compare, but we thought the service, the cabins, and the ship were wonderful. The food was fair-to middling. We had no problems as a gay couple, and felt very welcome. My only advice: take the late sitting for dinner if you want to avoid a lot of children while you eat.

Thanks, DT. We are scheduled for the late seating.

BTW, are you an MD? (I'm a psychiatrist/psychopharm guy)

Archived