having gifts delivered to the ship

NHLady

Does anyone have experience with having wine/gifts delivered to your cabin via an outside company lately? I know that RC has a new policy re: bringing wine/alcohol on board and I'm wondering what the situation is now?

Thanks1

We were wondering the same thing. Is there a company that delivers beer and/or wine to your cabin, that you order prior to departure. I guessing it would be somewhat pricy. We are leaving out of Vancouver, B.C., in August. THanks for any and all suggestions.

B.

Yes, it can be done.

After going through this myself just now, and having a WONDERFUL experience with Shelley of Just Because of You, I wouldn't do it again.

It DOES get expensive - she has to kick back a "delivery fee" per package to RC, she has to make her profit.................next time, I'll just bite the bullet and pay on board. The wine list looked somewhat better in quality and someone less draconian in markups.

HOWEVER, since I am giving you my personal point of view on this, here is full disclosure: I had access to the free drinks in the Concierge Lounge for three hours every evening. That probably colored my sense of "value" of the package delivery.

And although I treated my daughter to beer, she didn't drink it all, because she decided one night that Mojitos were her friend; another night she became best buddies with Long Island Iced Teas.

We also used Shelley/Just Because of You for our Freedom cruise in October and were very pleased with her service. She's a sweetheart and you speak to her personally when you call.

We had a champagne basket delivered (champagne fully visible) with no upset or incident. ;) So, apparently it's still allowed even in light of RCCL's recent updates to the alchohol policy... but it's not a money-saver if that's the goal.

I knew that this was the place to find out. I don't really mind paying the ship for my alcohol, we basically drink wine, but we have a couple favorites that RC soean't offer and so I thought rather than risk having it conficated, I'd try and have it delivered by a service. Saving money wasn't really my goal, just having something special for ourselves on our vacation. If I decide to go that route, it looks like Shelly is the way to go.

Thanks again, your guys are the best!;)

Archived