Uruguay Visa - Urgent

etkyeoh

I will be on Rottordam for 20 day SA and Antarctic Cruise and I need Visa for visiting Uruguay.

Despite applying for almost TWO MONTHs, I still have not receive any approval.

Any one know if there will be problem if go without the requried Urguay visit ?

Or can I apply when I reach Monte Video Port?

Or if I can opt to stay on board without disembarking ?

Thanks

I will be on Rottordam for 20 day SA and Antarctic Cruise and I need Visa for visiting Uruguay.

Despite applying for almost TWO MONTHs, I still have not receive any approval.

Any one know if there will be problem if go without the requried Urguay visit ?

Or can I apply when I reach Monte Video Port?

Or if I can opt to stay on board without disembarking ?

Thanks

No visa required....only passport for US citizens.

http://cir.zvs.com/PublicCirPdfs/radC73CA/CustomerInformationRequest.pdf

I visited Uruguay a few years ago while on the ms Ryndam and don't remember having to get a visa for Uruguay. In fact I think the only visa we needed on that cruise was for Brazil.

Have a great cruise - South America remains to this day my favorite cruise.

Valerie:)

Canadians also don't need a visa for Uruguay. Other nationalities, I don't know, but I think they are eager to get visitors. It's a lovely little country, very inexpensive. Perhaps a good place to retire since it is both civilized and inexpensive. Montevideo has seen better days, but the outlying places are very beautiful.

As recently as Mar 06, US citizens did not need Visas to visit Uruguay.

As noted above, Brazil is very fussy about Visas.

I know that the original question was about a visa for Uruguay but as Druke I mentions Brazil is very fussy (actually waaay more than fussy) about visas. That's the country you have to be worried about if you don't have a visa. For one thing you will not be allowed in to the country and for another: their visa is very expensive and they do not like Americans. Apparently they are extremely ticked off at us for some reason and can make life a little difficult for us. Now, as a disclaimer I have to say that that is just the government's position - once you get through the hassle of immigration then you will find the people of Brazil very welcoming.

Enjoy your cruise, it's going to be a great one.

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply.

I am Singaporean and VISA is required for visiting Monte Video.

Anyone has any idea or suggestion as to what will happen if I cannot get the VISA approval in time ?

Thanks

I know that the original question was about a visa for Uruguay but as Druke I mentions Brazil is very fussy (actually waaay more than fussy) about visas. That's the country you have to be worried about if you don't have a visa. For one thing you will not be allowed in to the country and for another: their visa is very expensive and they do not like Americans. Apparently they are extremely ticked off at us for some reason and can make life a little difficult for us. Now, as a disclaimer I have to say that that is just the government's position - once you get through the hassle of immigration then you will find the people of Brazil very welcoming.

Enjoy your cruise, it's going to be a great one.

All this goes back to perceptions about debt forgiveness and the so-called IMF sponsored economic disaster in 1998. Brazil's viewpoint is something along the lines of economic crimes against humanity. The topic of debt forgiveness is fasinating and the juice that makes the world go around. I have no opinion because I am not a fly on the wall during the meetings that occur to resolve issues like this.

BTW, U.S. citizens do not need yellow fever shots to enter Brazil unless they have recently traveled from places prone to yellow fever.

Hi,

Thanks for all the reply.

I am Singaporean and VISA is required for visiting Monte Video.

Anyone has any idea or suggestion as to what will happen if I cannot get the VISA approval in time ?

Thanks

Wow, I am so sorry - being somewhat "insular" we just always think that questions like yours pertain to American or Canadian citizens. The only thing I can think of is to give HAL a call and see if they can obtain a visa for you. I know that this is done sometimes on the World Cruises, and of course there will be a charge for the visa, but sometimes they are able to get group visas for their passengers.

I truly wish you the best of luck and hope that your visa problem will work out. Hope that everything goes well and that you have a wonderful cruise.

Archived