Valor room amenities

anon1978

I am leaving on January 14 from Miami on the Valor ship. Do I need to pack my own shampoo, conditioner and bar soap? Will they have enough for two people for a week? I am just trying to not overpack. What amenities exactly can I expect them to provide me with in the cabin? I have a inside double (cheapest option available), if that makes any difference. Thanks!

Bunkie,

I have a question. Were there bathrobes in the rooms?

Also are the hairdryers good or should I bring my own anyway?

I'm not Bunkie, but I'll answer. Yes there are bathrobes in the rooms. (I had an inside room.)

The hairdryers aren't the greatest. If you have long or thick hair it might take a while to dry. Also, you have to keep the power button pressed the whole time you are using it. I have short, fine hair, so it works fine for me.

They have Dove Shampoo and Body Wash in dispensers in the shower. But no conditioner.

There is a basket of trial sizes in the bathroom, but their contents tend to change. Often it has some sort of lotion, powders, disaposable razors and pain killer. But not always, so don't depend on that.

Oh, and there is no clock in the room.

Have fun! I loved the Valor!

Laura

Its liguid dispensers in the showers. I thought it wsa lever3000 shower soap and dove for hair.

My hair is super dry and the shampoo made it worse. If youhave finicky hair or skin--take your own.

I thought robes were just in OV and balcony rooms - we didn't have them in our inside room on the Destiny. Must be something special to the Valor or something new. I have a question, hope you don't mind my adding it to this thread: we'll be on the Valor in Feb., we have a balcony room, others will have OV rooms. Do you know if they have the retractable clothes line in the shower? Hope so, they work great for swim suits and towels.

Well, anon, you can see from the varying replies that things could change cruise to cruise.

Fact is all Carnival ships have the two dispensers in the shower. On my last few cruises, one had Dove body wash, and the other had a combination Dove shampoo/conditioner. (Not enough conditioning for me, so good thing I take my own.)

I've usually had hairdryers in my cabins, but they aren't very powerful. I take a travel size one which works great and takes up little luggage space.

Bathrobes? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. If you want the use of one while on the cruise, ask your cabin steward. If one isn't in your cabin, he may be able to find one for you to use. And yes, they do "disappear" the last evening of the cruise before you return to your cabin to go to bed. I'm sure many robes have 'walked off' the ship before.:rolleyes:

As far as the little baskets/bowls of amenities in the bathroom - they will contain little sample-size products that will vary cruise to cruise. I've had such things as samples of shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, hairspray, toothbrush, comb, Rolaids, Skittles, bar soap, hand sanitizer, razors, hand lotion, etc. IF you like one or more of the samples, ask your cabin steward. He may be able to get more for you.

Archived