Help!!!

fungirl28

I've been invited on a group cruise for the summer. The down payment has been paid and I'm supposed to make a payment in a couple of weeks. Here's my dilema: The person in charge of ALL the planning has stated recently that we can't look @ the reservation online until all the money is paid. I'm not a fisrt time cruiser but this will be my first Carnival cruise. Is this correct for Carnival cruises? Even with a TA? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

what do you want to look at in particular? I've never been on a group cruise, but I just finished my first cruise with CArnival; booked with a TA in June 06 and was able to look at my reservation online anytime. Certain things were locked: ability to upgrade, etc., as it was through a TA, but I could add excursions, add Funship dollars, buy gifts, look at room, etc.

It seems strange to me that I wouldn't be able to get confirmation of my booking until I pay all this money. I don't even know what stateroom or which deck I'm on. I've done a TA cruise through RCI and I was always able to look at my reservation online. I'm just a little suspicious

It seems strange to me that I wouldn't be able to get confirmation of my booking until I pay all this money. I don't even know what stateroom or which deck I'm on. I've done a TA cruise through RCI and I was always able to look at my reservation online. I'm just a little suspicious

It sounds like they have you booking a guarantee rather than a specific cabin, so no, you won't be able to know your cabin number until well after final payment... As for looking for your reservation, if you have a booking number (not group number, but the individual number) you can see you are booked, but not much else. What are you wanting to see? If you are booking a guarantee, you won't see a cabin number, or anything actually other than the fact that you have one booked.

How much was your down payment? If it was a full dp you would be able to get your stateroom number. Many group cruises have a 25 pp deposit with additional deposits due (sounds like this may be the case since you have another payment soon and your cruise is not until the summer). If that is the case you would not have a room assignment yet. This is standard with group cruises. Did you pay by check or cc? Directly to the cruiseline? You should be able to ask your friend for a reservation number. I wouldn't worry..groups are handled differently than individual reservations.

You say the person in charge, is that not the TA? If not ask the person in charge who the travel agent is and call them yourself and see if the TA has the information or at least something you can go on.

I know I recieved information right away from my TA even on a deposit I had a confrimation letter come in the mail a few weeks later, maybe ask the person in charge if they have a letter of confirmation?

Good luck.

I've been invited on a group cruise for the summer. The down payment has been paid and I'm supposed to make a payment in a couple of weeks. Here's my dilema: The person in charge of ALL the planning has stated recently that we can't look @ the reservation online until all the money is paid. I'm not a fisrt time cruiser but this will be my first Carnival cruise. Is this correct for Carnival cruises? Even with a TA? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Based on my experience (including group cruise) with Carnival...you can usually look at the online reservation as long as the deposit has been paid. I know with a group cruise I was going to take, I later found out that the person in charge of the planning was getting some "free" rooms in which she didnt have to pay for her cabin, and then with carnival, I believe that for every 8th room booked, you are entitled to a free cabin. I ended up cancelling that particular cruise booking because I felt something underhanded was going on, but it wasnt gonna happen at my expense and I ended up booking separately. You usually dont get a significant group discount anyways..just a free cabin for every 8th room. Also I have learned from my PVP that if u book on a group cruise, if the rates go down, your group WONT be able to get the lowered rate either. So to me, there is no benefit of booking with a group.:(

Based on my experience (including group cruise) with Carnival...you can usually look at the online reservation as long as the deposit has been paid. I know with a group cruise I was going to take, I later found out that the person in charge of the planning was getting some "free" rooms in which she didnt have to pay for her cabin, and then with carnival, I believe that for every 8th room booked, you are entitled to a free cabin. I ended up cancelling that particular cruise booking because I felt something underhanded was going on, but it wasnt gonna happen at my expense and I ended up booking separately. You usually dont get a significant group discount anyways..just a free cabin for every 8th room. Also I have learned from my PVP that if u book on a group cruise, if the rates go down, your group WONT be able to get the lowered rate either. So to me, there is no benefit of booking with a group.:(

Not true... groups are done differently with different TA's... but it is a free BERTH with every 8 cabins... the berth fare is not the same as the full fare. They would need 16 cabins for 2 berths (and that is based on the highest number of cabins booked, so if majority books inside, regardless of the other cabins, the berth rebate is the amount of the inside price, minus the port charges, fees and taxes)... and depending on how it is done, it may be capped at those 2 berths. Also, they may get paid in the form of a rebate several months later. If the pricing goes down before final payment, you MAY be able to get the reduction, but you MAY lose some of the amenities the group has. We've gotten reductions on group cruises...

I went on a group cruise last jan. and I was able to look at my reservation on line. We booked guranteed cabins so we did not know our cabin number till Nov. but we were able to book all our excursions and do everything else on line. We were given our booking number by the TA.

Have a great cruise!

Archived