Container law??

Scooter-n-GB

I searched quite extensively, including going to bahamas.com and could not find any mention of this. My question:

Does anyone know what the Bahamian Law says about open alcohol containers? If I am at the Fish Fry (Arawak Cay), and am walking around with a cold Kalik, is that a problem?

Thanks!!

I personally don't know what the "law" is persay...but when we stopped at Nassau last May we found a liquor store on the water we liked (clean, clearly marked, no bars on the windows, friendly and helpful clerks) and kept stopping in to get six packs of red stripe. Though we knew $6 a six pack wasn't a "steal" by any stretch, it sure beat the $4 we were paying on board for the domestic beers.

We asked the clerk if it would be ok and he gave us two brown bags to drink them from. No one said anything, HOWEVER (mabey b/c it was before lunch) we did recieve several offers to buy "hash." Guess we just looked like delinquints!

I searched quite extensively, including going to bahamas.com and could not find any mention of this. My question:

Does anyone know what the Bahamian Law says about open alcohol containers? If I am at the Fish Fry (Arawak Cay), and am walking around with a cold Kalik, is that a problem?

Thanks!!

If your at the Fish fry, you won' t have a problem with an open Kalik.. if you are walking downtown, you'll need to cover it. (most liguor stores bag your purchase and open it for you if necessary.

Open containers are supposed to be unlawful, but rarely do you see it enforced, unless you're drunk and disorderly or acting like an idiot.

Archived