Advice: Best rolling garment bag for cruise clothes!

jswrpw83

I've had a time trying to buy a rolling garment bag (from the internet) for my cruise clothes and other trips that require formal outfits. I'm looking for one that isn't too heavy so I can pack enough for a ten day cruise! And am hoping that it will be well designed for easy packing and keep everything relatively unwrinkled.

Any suggestions from you experienced cruisers? Thanks :)

I've had a time trying to buy a rolling garment bag (from the internet) for my cruise clothes and other trips that require formal outfits. I'm looking for one that isn't too heavy so I can pack enough for a ten day cruise! And am hoping that it will be well designed for easy packing and keep everything relatively unwrinkled.

Any suggestions from you experienced cruisers? Thanks :)

I LOVE my Hartmann garment bags. I have two of the 50" Mobile Traveler size -one in the Intensity series and one in classic Hartmann tweed. http://www.hartmann.com/shop/products.asp?type=GarmentBags&collection=all

They are not inexpensive, but you can often find them on Ebay for 1/4 the price of new. I purchased the Intensity (nylon) for less than $200.00 on Ebay. It looked new. New price is at least $650.00.

You can use your regular wire hangars in the bag. I very often put my stuff right from the dry cleaners, covered in cleaning bags, directly into the suitcase. I can conveniently pack for a two week trip, with three formal nights (and long beaded gowns), in one suitcase plus a carryon. Very few wrinkles.

This last Saturday, with 5 formal gowns (all long and beaded), 5 pairs of shoes, and all my day clothes except for sweaters and tops, my suitcase weighed 53.5 pounds. I took out my leather jacket from the side pocket and the weight was EXACTLY 50 pounds.

Suitcases are EXTREMELY well made and have a lifetime warranty. Best garment bags I have ever purchased. I have a Samsonite and a Pierre Cardin. Neither are half the suitcase the Hartmann's are.

Archived