Why PVP?

rajntra

I read in a lot of post about peeps using a PVP to book their cruises. A few post I've read have people complaining about the level of service from their PVP and not being able to get ahold of him/her. When I booked our September Legend cruise I just called the 800 number, booked the trip and have had several follow up questions and just called the number and spoke to whoever answered. Am I missing something? What is so special about a PVP, they are Carnival employees aren't they? Why would you feel like you have to talk to the same one everytime? The lady that booked our cruise didn't even give me her name.

Just wondering.

You are right, you can speak with anyone when you call Carnival. Some people feel more comfortable with having a person they have gotten to know handling there booking.

I have a similar view on buying Funship Dollars for yourself. They are basically gift certificates. I think that they make great stocking stuffers for people you know are going on a Carnival cruise, but why would you buy them for yourself? It is far less trouble to just bring cash on board, or better yet, just leave the money working for you in an account until the bill comes due. Many here feel differently. I guess it just comes down to comfort level.

Yeah anyone at Carnival will book you a cruise, but a good PVP that you trust will help you with upgrades, price, and onboard credit. I have a PVP that I really like and he got me my upcoming cruise at a great price. Like all work places there are good and bad employees but I guess I was blessed with a good employee. If anyone would like to know who my PVP is email me at jimrw42#hotmail.com and I will give you his name.

Up until last month, I had zero experience with a PVP. One emailed me to see if i was still interested in the Destiny cruise I had inquired about...I told her I was...and the next thing I know, we were booked. She was very helpful all through the booking process, and assured me that when I saw price drops or free upgrades, she'd be right there to assist.

About 2 weeks later, I did see a price drop, so I contacted her....no response. I even wanted to book another cabin for a friend...no response. So, I found a regular TA with a way better price, and transferred the booking to him. So far, so good with the new one.

I'm not trying to say that all PVPs are the same as the one I used (I'm sure there are some great ones)...it's just that my experience was not all that great. I don't need a lot of assistance and hand-holding when booking a cruise, so I've decided to just go with whomever offers the best price.

Guess I'm just fortunate to have a good PVP. Any questions Ive had hes answered. Every email Ive sent hes responded. He even called after booking my cruise with news that he had gotten me a better price and an upgrade in cabin level. I will continue to use him until he proves me wrong.

I agree. On all but one of our cruises, I have just called and booked with the person who answered. If I have a question, or want to rebook cuz the price has dropped, I call and deal with whoever answers the phone. I have never had a problem with any of the reps I have dealt with but if I did, I would just hang up and call back like I would do with the phone company or an airline. It's a call center. They all have access to the same reference material and you won't get a better deal booking with one person vs. another.

I have to say that my PVP is awsome! Everytime I call and don't get her I leave a message and she gets right back to me. At times I know that it will be difficult to reach her so I drop her an email and ALWAYS hear back from her within 24 hours. When I call she always looks to see if there are offers better than what I got before I even ask. I have also found that the first time I dealt with her I called the 800 number and got someone and they gave me a price of $100 more per person, it added up to $300 more total. I waited to book it until she called and got the $300 off with her. The way that she worked it out was a better deal than they were willing to give me when I called the 800 number direct. They told me that with being a past guest and an upgrade the price they gave was the absolute best they could do...apparently she could do better with the past guest and the upgrade..so this is the reason why I deal with her only. She is so sweet and really easy to get in touch with and always seems to be trying to save me a few bucks. I have now booked 2 cruises with her and both of them I got better deals with her than with the people at the 800 number. She seems to be very honest, she was giving me the same cabin category as the people at the 800 number as well so I would say this is the reason. If you are interested I could pass along her info.

If you are interested I could pass along her info.

Jersey girl, that would be against the guidelines...

I have a great PVP and a good one will make you think twice... the key is just calling, getting one and seeing how your chemistry is... not everyone will get along in the same manner... if you don't like them, before you book a cruise, talk to another one...

Archived